G Mining Services is a multidisciplinary company which provides professional services in the mining industry for underground and open pit mining projects in precious, base, or industrial metals. G Mining Services is one of the most important mining engineering consulting firms in Quebec and among the leading firms renowned for their international projects.
G Mining Services values its workforce by fostering professional and individual development through unique career opportunities, encouraging collaboration and offering a variety of stimulating challenges, all within a warm, welcoming, safe, and inclusive work environment.
To pursue its development, G Mining Services is looking for a dynamic and motivated individual to fill the position of:
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Summary of responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Manager of the Mechanical and Piping Engineering departement, the incumbent will be part of the team dedicated to construction management and project development. More specifically, he will be called upon to:
- Prepare engineering files, models, drawings, sketches, plans and specifications for the mechanical department.
- Prepare cost and time estimates, design reports and specifications for machinery, equipment, and systems.
- Prepare cost effectiveness/feasibility studies.
- Plan and prepare schedules and milestones and monitor progress against these.
- Monitor the project and plan resources for the following months.
- Act as a liaison with clients to identify and define requirements and scope of work.
- Participate in the development of the schedule and ensure adherence to contractual schedules and develop corrective actions and plans as necessary.
- Validate and submit budget estimates.
- Support, prepare contracts and negotiate revisions, changes, and additions to contractual agreements.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical or piping engineering, or equivalent.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of relevant experience.
- Engineering consulting experience in the mining or heavy industry, an important asset.
- Member in good standing of the Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec (O.I.Q.) or eligible to be, or licensed to practice engineering in another Canadian province.
- Proficiency in specialized software such as Plant3D and Autocad.
- Able to communicate in French and/or English, Spanish or Portuguese is an asset.
- Good knowledge of the Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Good analytical, synthesis and problem-solving skills.
- Organizational skills and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Leadership and good communication skills.
- Comfortable working in a multicultural team.
- Autonomy, initiative, and attention to detail.
- The position will be based at the G Mining Services office in Brossard.
- Possibility of working in hybrid mode (office and remote work).
- Possibility of travelling abroad and in Canada depending on the availability of the candidate.
Benefits of being part of our team
G Mining cares strongly about the well-being of its employees so that they can thrive in all areas of their lives. The company’s family values are reflected across the range of benefits provided to our team members. By joining our team, you will get to enjoy the following benefits:
- Bonus based on the employee’s and the company’s performance because we are committed to rewarding employee contributions.
- Family group insurance paid by G Mining (drugs, dental, paramedical, vision and travel) as it is important to take care of yourself.
- Deferred Profit-Sharing Plan (DPSP) in which we make contributions so you can enjoy the retirement you deserve.
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP) when you need support.
- Reimbursement program for sports-related expenses to keep you motivated to adopt healthy lifestyle habits.
- Training program because we value the professional development of our employees.
- Social activities to provide employees opportunities to have fun and connect with each other.
- Opportunity to work remotely to avoid commuting time, and free parking when working in the office.
If you feel ready and willing to be part of a team of experienced professionals, involved in various areas of the mining industry and driven by the desire to succeed in the projects in which they are involved, we offer you a challenge that matches your ambitions.
We look forward to reading your resume, which you are invited to send in complete confidentiality.
G Mining Services welcomes all submissions and is committed to evaluating them without discriminatory bias. We offer equal employment opportunities to all. The use of the masculine gender only serves to lighten the text.
Knowledge of a language other than French is required for this position since G Mining Services’ clients are international and the incumbent will have to communicate with them on a regular basis.