G Mining Services is a multidisciplinary company offering professional services in the mining industry, for underground and open pit mining projects, in precious, base, or industrial metals. G Mining is one of the most important consulting firms in mining engineering in Quebec, and among the major firms renowned for international projects.
G Mining values its workforce by promoting professional and individual development with unique career opportunities, encouraging collaboration, and offering a variety of stimulating challenges, all within a warm, welcoming, safe, and inclusive work environment.
To pursue its development, G Mining is looking for a dynamic and motivated individual to fill the position of:
Summary of responsibilities
The Cost Controller manages the cost control function reporting to the Project Control Lead and indirectly to Vice-President Finance. This involves monitoring the overall control of project activities, change management, reporting & project forecasting. More specifically, the incumbent will be called upon to:
- Review and analyze all project activities, factoring risks, achieved performance and other variables to anticipate recurrent forecasts.
- Ensure cost management systems are set up appropriately and analyze budgets, commitments, and actual costs to ensure for accuracy.
- Assist in project reporting to the Project Control Lead and Project Manager as required on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Review cost reports, which may also include review of all cost calculations and journal entries in order to resolve variances.
- Anticipate for ways to minimize the expenses incurred by the project, by identifying areas of cost saving strategies within the project.
- Assist in financial decision making by providing analysis on the performance trends.
- Monitor projects during execution by analyzing the achieved results and comparing them with budget which could lead to pinpointing major variance as applicable.
- Manage the project changes from a cost perspective. Documenting all changes and managing budgets according to approved changes.
- Maintain close interaction with project and construction managers.
- Perform cost analysis that aims at improving production and reducing risk contributing to the overall project success.
- Document, communicate and monitor procedures.
- Assist during the estimation process.
- Have a Bachelors’ degree with a focus on finance, engineering, business management, project management or equivalent.
- Have a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience.
- Be able to communicate in French and/or English, both speaking and writing.
- Experience in mining construction is an asset.
- Good analytical, synthesis and problem-solving skills.
- PC software, Excel and communication skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Great adaptability.
- Knowledge of estimation software is an asset.
- The position will be based at the G Mining Services office in Brossard
- Possibility of working in hybrid mode (office and remote work)
- Possibility of travelling abroad and in Canada depending on the availability of the candidate
If you feel ready and willing to be part of a team of experienced professionals, involved in various areas of the mining industry and driven by the desire to succeed in the projects in which they are involved, we offer you a challenge that matches your ambitions.
We look forward to reading your resume, which you are invited to send in complete confidentiality to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
G Mining Services welcomes all submissions and is committed to evaluating them without discriminatory bias. We offer equal employment opportunities to all. The use of the masculine gender only serves to lighten the text.
Knowledge of a language other than French is required for this position since G Mining Services' clients are international and the incumbent will have to communicate with them on a regular basis.
For more information visit www.gmining.com