In order to pursue its development, G Mining Services is looking for a dynamic and motivated individual to fill the position of:
Summary of responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Electrical Engineering and Instrumentation Department Lead the incumbent will be part of the design team and project development. More specifically, he/she will be called upon to:
- Prepare detailed engineering documentation for industrial automation networks;
- Select plant automation equipment such as programmable logic controllers and process instruments;
- Develop the architecture of plant communication and control networks;
- Prepare cost estimates and project schedules;
- Prepare design specifications for instrumentation systems;
- Monitor and verify the installation, modification, testing and operation of automation systems;
- Manage automation equipment procurement contracts;
- Knowledge of automation in a mining environment is a strong asset.
- The candidate must have a university degree in electrical engineering and have a minimum of five (5) years experience;
- The candidate must be a member in good standing of the Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec (O.I.Q.);
- The candidate must be fluent in spoken and written French and English. Knowledge of Spanish and/or Portuguese is an asset;
- Experience in the mining sector on site is an important asset.
Most of the work will be done in Brossard at the G Mining Services offices and occasionally it will be possible to make site visits both in Canada and abroad depending on the needs of the projects
- Solution oriented and proactive;
- Good analytical, synthesis and problem solving skills;
- Good organizational skills, autonomous and able to work under pressure;
- Sense of initiative and attention to detail.
If you feel ready and willing to be part of a team of experienced professionals, involved in various areas of the mining industry and driven by the desire to succeed in the projects in which they are involved, we offer you a challenge that matches your ambitions.
We look forward to reading your resume, which you are invited to send in complete confidentiality to firstname.lastname@example.org