CSA Designer (Civil, Structure & Architectural)
G Mining Services is a multidisciplinary company offering professional services in the mining industry, for underground and open pit mining projects, in precious, base, or industrial metals. G Mining is one of the most important consulting firms in mining engineering in Quebec, and among the major firms renowned for international projects.
To pursue its development, G Mining is looking for a dynamic and motivated individual to fill the position of:
Summary of responsibilities
Under the supervision of the CSA Lead Engineer, the CSA Designer will be part of the team dedicated to the design of the civil, structure and architecture for mining projects. The incumbent of this position will be responsible for:
- Plan and create detailed structural engineering drawings in both 2D and 3D design, taking designs from concept to final product while working collaboratively with engineers;
- Adhere to established design guidelines and procedures;
- Maintain accurate design files for reference;
- Check 2D drawings and 3D models for clashes and constructability with other disciplines;
- Interpreting complex drawings that incorporate interfacing structural design requirements with piping, mechanical, electrical and other aspects of industrial work;
- Adapt to different client standards and design softwares;
- Demonstrate creativity and innovation in problem-solving;
- Adhere to established design guidelines and procedures.
- Structural engineering technician / technology diploma
- + 10 years of related experience in structural steel drafting design with experience preparing designs for structural steel and detailing, knowledge in designing reinforced concrete, masonry and/or wood structures is an asset;
- Advanced knowledge of AutoCAD. Working in Revit, Navisworks is an asset;
- Drafting and design experience within a consulting engineering environment;
- Advanced knowledge of preventive measures, health and safety rules at work and hazardous material regulations in the workplace;
- The candidate must have a good knowledge of French and English, both written and oral.
The successful candidate must have good analytical and synthesis skills and be able to work well in a team environment. Have a sense of rigor, attention to detail and quality. The person must also have a good sense of organization, be autonomous, be able to work under pressure and demonstrate a great capacity to adapt.
If you feel ready and willing to be part of a team of experienced professionals, involved in various areas of the mining industry and driven by the desire to succeed in the projects in which they are involved, we offer you a challenge that matches your ambitions.
We look forward to reading your resume, which you are invited to send in complete confidentiality to the following e-mail address: email@example.com
We offer equal employment opportunities to all. The use of the masculine gender only serves to lighten the text.
For more information visit www.gmining.com