Supply Chain Manager
To pursue its development, G Mining is looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of:
Supply Chain Manager
Summary of responsibilities
Reporting directly to the President, the Supply Chain Manager will ensure the management and follow-up of purchases and contracts related to the various engineering and construction projects of G Mining Services and its clients. The Supply Chain Manager will have the opportunity to build his/her department and put procedures and standards in place. The incumbent of this position will be required to:
- Evaluate purchase and contracting requests for supplies, equipment, components, or services for national and international construction projects and determine appropriate procurement and supplier selection methods
- Provide support to project studies with regards to market conditions, material and equipment costs and logistics requirements
- Manage the procurement and contracting process while evaluating supplier performance and business opportunities
- Interface with local and international suppliers
- Implement cost reduction strategies while meeting deadlines and quality standards
- Build Supply Chain teams to meet project requirements
- Manage, train, and mentor a team of buyers
- Implement procedures and policies to optimize the procurement function within the company
- Act as an advisor to clients to start the procurement and inventory function in their new projects
- Responsible for cost management related to the procurement activities for project activities and internal requirements
- Participate in strategic meetings and report results to the executive committee.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain, Finance or equivalent
- Supply Chain Management Professional (SCMP) or Certified Professional in Purchasing (CPP) or a comparable certification is an asset
- Minimum of 10 years experience in procurement management
- Experience in the mining sector and/or project construction
- Fluency in French and English, both oral and written, knowledge of Spanish is an asset
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite and the main supply management tools is an asset
This position is based in Brossard at the offices of G Mining Services, and the selected candidate will be required to make site visits in Canada and abroad as required by the projects.
- Leadership in change management and willingness to implement, optimize and revise internal processes
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation and teamwork skills
- Have a sense of initiative and be able to work in a multicultural team.
If you feel ready and willing to be part of a team of experienced professionals, involved in various areas of the mining industry and driven by the desire to succeed in the projects in which they are involved, we offer you a challenge that matches your ambitions.