To pursue its development, G Mining is looking for a dynamic and motivated individual to fill the position of:
Summary of responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Chief Mechanical Engineer, the incumbent will be part of the team dedicated to the management of the construction and development of mining projects. More specifically, he/she will be required to:
- Prepare process plant layouts, at the conceptual and detail engineering level, working from a 3D model
- Prepare general arrangement and equipment location drawings in 2D following project specific mechanical design and plant arrangement criteria
- Comment on supplier drawings to ensure accuracy of references and contact information
- Prepare engineering files, models, drawings, sketches and plans for the mechanical department, including boilermaking
- Provide support in the review of the 3D model to resolve interferences and design issues
- Incorporate comments into the 3D model and resolve cross discipline issues with the model
- The ideal candidate must have a technical degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent and a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in mechanical design, preferably in the mining industry.
- A good knowledge of 3D modeling software, NavisWork and Autocad is an important asset.
- The candidate must be able to communicate in French and/or English, both orally and in writing.
Most of the work will be done in Brossard at the G Mining's offices and occasionally it will be possible to make site visits in Canada and abroad.
The successful candidate must have good spatial analysis, synthesis, problem solving and communication skills and be able to work well in a team. The person must also have a good sense of organization, be autonomous and show a great adaptability.
If you feel ready and willing to be part of a team of experienced professionals, involved in various areas of the mining industry and driven by the desire to succeed in the projects in which they are involved, we offer you a challenge that matches your ambitions.