To pursue its development, G Mining is looking for a dynamic and motivated individual to fill the position of:
Summary of responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Chief, Earthworks and Surveying, the Chief Surveyor will be part of the team dedicated to managing the planning, construction, and development of mining projects.
The Chief Surveyor will be required to travel to mine sites on a regular basis to prepare and ensure completion of construction work. When not on site, the Chief Surveyor will work on design and planning.
- Perform earthwork design;
- Model earthworks using CAD software;
- Participate in the drafting and follow-up of plans and specifications;
- Perform design and quantity calculations;
- Assist in determining production costs;
- Help determine production costs; Implement production monitoring tools;
- Annotate plans issued for construction and update them for the production of final plans (TQC);
- Coordinate activities with other disciplines;
- Coordinate activities with other disciplines; Travel to various job sites to collect data;
- Coordinate the activities of the contractors;
- Ensure the implementation of the construction work;
- Ensures compliance with health and safety standards and that the construction team does the same;
- Write daily reports;
- Participate in meetings;
- Comply with company and client requirements.
- The candidate must have a college diploma in civil engineering, geomatics or surveying or other relevant training combined with a minimum of 7 years of relevant experience.
- The candidate must have an excellent mastery of Autocad Civil and the Microsoft Office suite.
- The candidate must be able to communicate in French and English, both orally and in writing.
- Experience in the construction sector and/or international experience are important assets.
The candidate must have good spatial analysis, synthesis, problem solving and communication skills and be able to work well in a team. The person must also have a good sense of organization, be autonomous and have a great capacity to adapt.