In order to pursue its development, G Mining is looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of:
Summary of responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Chief Electrical Engineer, the Electrical Designer Technician will be part of the team dedicated to the electrical design and development of mining projects. More specifically, he/she will be called upon to:
- Prepare general, typical and specific arrangements of electrical installations for process plants, both at the conceptual and detailed engineering levels;
- Conceptualize 3D models;
- Prepare general arrangement and 2D equipment location drawings following project specific electrical design and plant arrangement criteria;
- Comment on supplier drawings to ensure accuracy of references and coordinates;
- Develop engineering files and electrical distribution system models, drawings, sketches and plans;
- Provide support during 3D model review to resolve electrical installation interferences.
- The candidate must have a technical degree in electrical engineering or equivalent and a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in electrical network design, preferably with experience on a mining site;
- A good knowledge of modeling software such as Revit, Plant 3D and Autocad is an important asset;
- The candidate must have a good knowledge of French and English, both oral and written. Most of the work will be done in Brossard at the G Mining Services offices and occasionally it will be possible to make site visits in Canada and abroad depending on the needs of the projects.
The person we are looking for must have good spatial analysis, synthesis, problem-solving and communication skills and be able to work well in a team. The person must also have a good sense of organization, be autonomous, be able to work under pressure and show a great adaptability.