In order to pursue its development, G Mining is looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of:
Electrical Engineer - Site
Summary of responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Chief Electrical Engineer, the Electrical Engineer will be part of the design team and project development. More specifically, he/she will be called upon to:
- Provide supervision of projects under construction at the construction/mine sites;
- Coordinate the progress of detailed engineering with the various project stakeholders;
- Monitor and verify the installation, modification, testing and operation of electrical systems and equipment;
- Prepare cost estimates and project schedules;
- Develop maintenance and operating specifications for electrical systems and equipment.
- Availability and interest in working internationally on a rotating schedule - The majority of the work will be on construction sites both in Canada and internationally. The candidate could, on certain periods, work from the Brossard office to prepare the work on site.
- The candidate must have a bachelor's degree in electrical engineering and a minimum of 5 years of experience.
- He/she must be a member in good standing of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec (O.I.Q.) and must also be fluent in French and English, both written and spoken.
- Experience in the surface and underground mining sector would be considered an asset.
- Solution oriented and proactive;
- Good analytical, synthesis and problem solving skills;
- Good organizational skills, autonomous and able to work under pressure;
- Sense of initiative and attention to detail.