G Mining Services is a multidisciplinary company offering professional services in the mining industry, for underground and open pit mining projects, in precious, base, or industrial metals. G Mining is one of the most important consulting firms in mining engineering in Quebec, and among the major firms renowned for international projects.
G Mining values its workforce by promoting professional and individual development with unique career opportunities, encouraging collaboration, and offering a variety of stimulating challenges, all within a warm, welcoming, safe, and inclusive work environment.
To pursue its development, G Mining is looking for a dynamic and motivated individual to fill the position of:
Summary of responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Project Director, the incumbent will be involved in managing all activities related to the implementation of a complex mining construction project. More specifically, the Construction Manager will be called upon to:
- Plan, organize, direct, and control the construction project from start to finish, considering the schedule, the tender specifications, and the budget.
- Oversee all activities related to construction deployment both with contracts and work completion.
- Supervise resources allocated to administration, management, and monitoring of construction.
- Participate in the development of implementation strategies of different phases and of work packages.
- Participate in the development of the schedule and ensure compliance with the contractual calendar and develop recovery plans and measures.
- Participate in the financial justification of changes to contracts, additional work, claims and the preparation of supporting documents and recommendations.
- Validate and submit budget estimates.
- Ensure the implementation of the health and safety program.
- Submit reports on work progress.
- Hire local subcontractors and subordinate staff and supervise their activities.
- Approve billing based on progress.
- Participate in the closing and review of project.
- Have a minimum of fifteen (+15) years experience.
- Be member of the Order of Engineers of Quebec (an asset).
- Be able to communicate in French and/or English.
- Have good knowledge of Excel, Ward, and Outlook.
- Demonstrate high leadership potential to lead our staff and those of our subcontractors to achieve strategic objectives.
- Know the processes and controls required to successfully implement training programs and continuous improvement.
- Have knowledge of IT management tools.
- Experience in the mining sector is essential and previous international assignment is considered an important asset.
- Team player and able to work autonomously.
- Good analytical, synthesis, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Good organizational and communication skills.
- Safety and environmental awareness.
- Capacity for entrepreneurship.
- Strategic thinking.
- The position will be based at the G Mining Services office in Brossard and/or remotely.
- Possibility of working in hybrid mode (office and remote work).
- Possibility of travelling abroad and in Canada depending on the availability of the candidate.
Benefits of being part of our team
G Mining cares strongly about the well-being of its employees so that they can thrive in all areas of their lives. The company's family values are reflected across the range of benefits provided to our team members. By joining our team, you will get to enjoy the following benefits:
- Bonus based on the employee's and the company's performance because we are committed to rewarding employee contributions.
- Family group insurance paid by G Mining (drugs, dental, paramedical, vision and travel) as it is important to take care of yourself.
- Deferred Profit Sharing Plan (DPSP) in which we make contributions so you can enjoy the retirement you deserve.
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP) when you need support.
- Reimbursement program for sports-related expenses to keep you motivated to adopt healthy lifestyle habits.
- Training program because we value the professional development of our employees.
- Social activities to provide employees opportunities to have fun and connect with each other.
- Opportunity to work remotely to avoid commuting time, and free parking when working in the office.
If you feel ready and willing to be part of a team of experienced professionals, involved in various areas of the mining industry and driven by the desire to succeed in the projects in which they are involved, we offer you a challenge that matches your ambitions.
We look forward to reading your resume, which you are invited to send in complete confidentiality to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
G Mining Services welcomes all submissions and is committed to evaluating them without discriminatory bias. We offer equal employment opportunities to all. The use of the masculine gender only serves to lighten the text.
Knowledge of a language other than French is required for this position since G Mining Services' clients are international and the incumbent will have to communicate with them on a regular basis.