To pursue its development, G Mining is looking for a dynamic and motivated individual to fill the position of:
Summary of responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Mechanical Engineering and Piping Manager, the Mechanical Engineer will be part of the team dedicated to construction management and project development. More specifically, he/she will be required to:
- Prepare engineering files as well as models, drawings, sketches, and plans and specifications for the mechanical department;
- Prepare cost and time estimates, design reports and specifications for machinery, equipment and systems;
- Prepare cost effectiveness/feasibility studies;
- Plan and prepare schedules and milestones and monitor progress accordingly;
- Supervise resources assigned to the administration, management and monitoring of the department;
- Participate in the development of the schedule and ensure compliance with contractual schedules and develop corrective measures and plans if necessary;
- Validate and submit budget estimates;
- Support, prepare contracts and negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements.
- The candidate must have a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering and a minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience.
- He/she must be a member in good standing of the Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec (O.I.Q.).
- The candidate must be fluent in French and English.
- Good knowledge of Excel, Word and Outlook is required.
- Experience in the mining sector is an asset.
The position is based in Brossard, with the possibility to travel to the mining sites from time to time.
The person we are looking for must have good analytical, synthesis, problem-solving and communication skills and be able to work well in a team. The person must also have a good sense of organization, be autonomous, be able to work under pressure and show a great adaptability.