In order to pursue its development, G Mining is looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of:
Summary of responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Project Manager, the incumbent will be part of the team dedicated to managing the planning, engineering, construction and development of mining projects. More specifically, he/she will be called upon to:
- Review, update and adapt new procedures and tools for different types of mandates;
- Coordinate with multidisciplinary teams in the preparation of capital expenditures (CAPEX), sustaining capital expenditures and operating expenditures (OPEX);
- Assist in the preparation of project budgets and maintain budgetary controls for each project;
- Prepare monthly, weekly and special periodic reports and maintain meeting minutes;
- Assist in the creation of the project charter and determine the scope and timing of the various types of engagements;
- Monitor the progress of different mandates, studies or projects;
- Coordinate the development of deliverables by project team;
- Assist in the preparation of contracts and notices of changes to ongoing mandates;
- Follow up on quality control activities;
- Assist in the coordination of purchasing and logistics of long term items required for projects;
- Participate in the planning, organization and control of project activities;
- Consolidate bid analyses and ensure technical compliance of proposals with potential suppliers of goods or services, based on engineering recommendations;
- Coordinate the technical work of the various departments or external project teams;
- Follow up on the design, development and technical inspection of projects.
The ideal candidate must have a Bachelor's degree in engineering and a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience. He/she must be a member of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec (O.I.Q.). The candidate must have an excellent command of French and English, both oral and written, Spanish is an asset. Experience in the mining sector and/or international experience are also important assets.
The incumbent must have good analytical, synthesis, problem-solving and communication skills and be able to work well in a team. The person must also have a good sense of organization, be autonomous, be able to work under pressure and show adaptability.
If you feel ready and willing to be part of a team of experienced professionals, involved in various areas of the mining industry and driven by the desire to succeed in the projects in which they are involved, we offer you a challenge that matches your ambitions.