In order to pursue its development, G Mining is looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of:
Summary of responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Chief of Civil Engineering, the incumbent will be part of the team dedicated to the planning and design of concrete and steel structure designing for heavy and light industrial buildings. More specifically, he/she will be called upon to:
- Design steel and concrete buildings and structures.
- Follow up with steel fabricator and review shop drawings.
- Help prepare drawings, design specifications and reports.
- Participate in preparing estimates, bills of quantities, schedules and budgets.
- Prepare cost effectiveness/feasibility studies, design, operation and performance of mechanisms, components and systems.
- Ensure plans meet guidelines, building code requirements and other national and international standards and regulations.
- Prepare and ensure adherence to construction schedules.
- Prepare contract documents and reviews and evaluate bids for construction projects.
- Prepare cost and time estimates, design reports and specifications for his or her area.
- Participate in the development of the schedule, ensure compliance with contractual schedules and develop corrective measures and plans if necessary.
- Validate and submit budget estimates.
- Support the preparation of contracts and negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements.
The person sought must have a Bachelors’ degree in civil engineering specialized in structural design and have a minimum of seven (+7) years of relevant experience. He/she must be a member in good standing of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec (O.I.Q.). He/she needs also to have knowledge in Sap2000 or ADA (Advance Design America) software . The candidate must be fluent in spoken and written French and English and knowledge of Spanish is an asset. A good knowledge of Excel, Word and Outlook is required. Experience in the mining sector and working internationally are very important assets.
The candidate must have good analytical, synthesis, problem solving and communication skills and be able to work well in a team. The person must also have a good sense of organization, be autonomous, be able to work under pressure and show a great capacity of adaptation.
If you feel ready and willing to be part of a team of experienced professionals, involved in various areas of the mining industry and driven by the desire to succeed in the projects in which they are involved, we offer you a challenge that matches your ambitions.