G Mining Services is a multidisciplinary company offering professional services in the mining industry, for underground and open pit mining projects, in precious, base, or industrial metals. G Mining is one of the most important consulting firms in mining engineering in Quebec, and among the major firms renowned for international projects.
G Mining Services is a family company that values its workforce by promoting professional and individual development with unique career opportunities, encouraging collaboration, and offering a variety of stimulating challenges, all within a warm, welcoming, safe, and inclusive work environment.
To pursue its development, G Mining is looking for a dynamic and motivated individual to fill the position of:
Summary of responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Mechanical Engineering Director, the incumbent will be part of the team dedicated to construction management and project development. More specifically, the Mechanical Engineer will be called upon to:
- Prepare engineering files as well as models, drawings, sketches, and plans and specifications for the mechanical department.
- Prepare cost and time estimates, design reports and specifications for machinery, equipment, and systems.
- Prepare cost effectiveness/feasibility studies.
- Plan and prepare schedules and milestones and monitor progress accordingly.
- Supervise resources assigned to the administration, management, and monitoring of the department.
- Participate in the development of the schedule and ensure compliance with contractual schedules and develop corrective measures and plans if necessary.
- Validate and submit budget estimates.
- Support, prepare contracts and negotiate revisions, changes, and additions to contractual agreements.
- Have a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Have a minimum of five (+5) years of relevant experience.
- Be a member in good standing of the Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec (O.I.Q.).
- Be able to communicate in French and/or English.
- Have a good knowledge of Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Experience in the mining sector is an asset.
- Good analytical, synthesis, problem-solving and communication skills
- Good sense of organization and be autonomous
- Great adaptability.
- The position will be based at the G Mining Services office in Brossard and/or remotely.
- Possibility of working in hybrid mode (office and remote work).
- Possibility of travelling abroad and in Canada depending on the availability of the candidate.
Benefits of being part of our team
G Mining cares strongly about the well-being of its employees so that they can thrive in all areas of their lives. The company's family values are reflected across the range of benefits provided to our team members. By joining our team, you will get to enjoy the following benefits:
- Bonus based on the employee's and the company's performance because we are committed to rewarding employee contributions.
- Family group insurance paid by G Mining (drugs, dental, paramedical, vision and travel) as it is important to take care of yourself.
- Deferred Profit Sharing Plan (DPSP) in which we make contributions so you can enjoy the retirement you deserve.
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP) when you need support.
- Reimbursement program for sports-related expenses to keep you motivated to adopt healthy lifestyle habits.
- Training program because we value the professional development of our employees.
- Social activities to provide employees opportunities to have fun and connect with each other.
- Opportunity to work remotely to avoid commuting time, and free parking when working in the office.
If you feel ready and willing to be part of a team of experienced professionals, involved in various areas of the mining industry and driven by the desire to succeed in the projects in which they are involved, we offer you a challenge that matches your ambitions.
We look forward to reading your resume, which you are invited to send in complete confidentiality to the following e-mail address: email@example.com
G Mining Services welcomes all submissions and is committed to evaluating them without discriminatory bias. We offer equal employment opportunities to all. The use of the masculine gender only serves to lighten the text.
Knowledge of a language other than French is required for this position since G Mining Services' clients are international and the incumbent will have to communicate with them on a regular basis.