In order to pursue its development, G Mining is looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of:
Summary of responsibilities
Under the supervision of the head of the mechanical department, the mechanical engineer will be part of the team dedicated to the design and development of the engineering of mining projects, and will then be called upon to execute construction mandates on site. The incumbent’s main responsibilities will be to:
- Coordinate the execution of mechanical work on construction sites;
- Ensure the compliance with the quality plan;
- Act as a liaison between contractors, clients and engineering;
- Coordinate and perform inspections;
- Prepare engineering files as well as models, drawings, sketches, plans and specifications for the mechanical department;
- Prepare cost and time estimates, reports and design specifications for machinery, equipment and systems;
- Prepare cost benefit/feasibility studies, design, operation and performance of mechanisms, components and systems;
- Plan and prepare schedules and milestones and verify progress against these;
- Participate in the development of the schedule, ensure compliance with contractual schedules and develop corrective actions and plans as necessary;
- Validate and submit budget estimates.
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering;
- Minimum six years of relevant experience;
- Member in good standing of the Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec;
- Fluency in French and English, both oral and written;
- Experience in the surface and underground mining sector as well as international work are important assets
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), MS Project and Autocad;
- Ability to travel to mining sites in Canada and abroad on a regular basis.
This position is based in Brossard at the offices of G Mining and the selected candidate will have to make site visits in Canada and abroad according to the needs of the projects.
- Good analytical, synthesis and problem solving skills;
- Good organizational skills, autonomous and able to work under pressure;
- Demonstrate initiative and attention to detail.
We offer equal employment opportunities to all.