Field Automation Programmer-Supervisor
G Mining Services is a multidisciplinary company offering professional services in the mining industry, for underground and open pit mining projects, in precious, base, or industrial metals. G Mining is one of the most important consulting firms in mining engineering in Quebec, and among the major firms renowned for international projects.
G Mining values its workforce by promoting professional and individual development with unique career opportunities, encouraging collaboration, and offering a variety of stimulating challenges, all within a warm, welcoming, safe, and inclusive work environment.
In 2020, G Mining Ventures (GMIN) was created to acquire direct ownership of projects and capitalize on the value uplift that successful mine development offers.
The work will be accomplished on the Tocantinzinho project, located in Pará, northern Brazil, in the Tapajos region, site of the largest gold rush in history. Tocantinzinho is a permitted, construction ready, open-pit gold deposit containing 1.8 million ounces of reserves.
To ensure the achievement of this large-scale project, G Mining is looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of:
Field Automation Programmer-Supervisor
Summary of responsibilities
Under the supervision of the site's Lead Electrical Engineer, the Field Automation Programmer-Supervisor will be more specifically called upon to :
- Supervise programmers’ team in designing plant control system, testing and commissioning of turnkey automation solutions.
- Troubleshoot, service and debug software and hardware utilized in automated plant controls systems.
- Validate functional descriptions of process controls and sequence of operations.
- Develop and support PLC and HMI programs for use on industrial equipment.
- Application and setup of VFD and multi axis servo control systems.
- All other related tasks required on field.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in a similar position
- Experience in the mining sector and/or on site rotation, an asset.
- Knowledge of Schneider platform, important asset.
- Be able to communicate in English and/or French.
- Be able to communicate in Portuguese, an asset.
- Teamwork, leadership and good communication skills.
- Safety and environmental awareness.
- Autonomy and integrity.
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking.
- Adaptability and problem-solving oriented.
- Planning and organization skills.
- Contract from Mid-September 2023 to June 2024, possibility of extension until completion and/or with the G Mining Group for upcoming projects.
- Fly-in Fly-out on 29 days of work followed by 27 days off schedule.
- Work schedule of 11 hours per day.
- Transport, accommodations, and meals on rotation provided.
Benefits of being part of our team
G Mining cares strongly about the well-being of its employees so that they can thrive in all areas of their lives. The company's family values are reflected across the range of benefits provided to our team members. By joining our team, you will get to enjoy the following benefits:
- Family group insurance paid by G Mining (drugs, dental, paramedical, vision and travel) as it is important to take care of yourself.
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP) when you need support.
If you feel ready and willing to be part of a team of experienced professionals, involved in various areas of the mining industry and driven by the desire to succeed in the projects in which they are involved, we offer you a challenge that matches your ambitions.
We look forward to reading your resume, which you are invited to send in complete confidentiality to the following e-mail address: email@example.com G Mining Services welcomes all submissions and is committed to evaluating them without discriminatory bias. We offer equal employment opportunities to all. The use of the masculine gender only serves to lighten the text.
Knowledge of a language other than French is required for this position since G Mining Services' clients are international and the incumbent will have to communicate with them on a regular basis.