In order to pursue its development, G Mining is looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of :
Summary of responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Director of Geology and Resources, the incumbent will be involved in all phases of evaluation and development of international mining projects, both open pit and underground. More specifically, the Resource Geologist will be called upon to:
- Produce resource and reserve estimates;
- Produce NI 43-101 technical reports for all categories of projects, from the scoping study stage to the feasibility study stage, as well as for operating mines;
- Review and development of quality control programs (QA / QC);
- Database management;
- Geological modeling of mineralized zones in 2D and 3D;
- Carry out statistical controls;
- Performing due diligence on third party geological interpretations, resource estimates and estimation parameters;
- Perform parallel evaluations for model comparison purposes;
- Perform verification of grade control programs;
- Evaluate drilling programs.
The successful candidate must have a Bachelors’ degree in Engineering-Geology or Geology and a minimum of 5 years of experience in a mining operation. He must be a member of the Ordre des Géologues du Québec (OGQ) or the Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec (OIQ). The Resource Geologist must have practical experience specific to the estimation of mining resources and have a very good knowledge of specialized software such as Leapfrog or Gemcom. He must be able to communicate in English and French.
The candidate must have good analytical, synthesis, problem-solving and communication skills and be able to work well in a team environment. The person must also have good organizational skills, be autonomous, be able to work under pressure and demonstrate a great adaptability.