Mechanical General Foreman (BRTZ)
G Mining Services is a multidisciplinary company offering professional services in the mining industry, for underground and open pit mining projects, in precious, base, or industrial metals. G Mining is one of the most important consulting firms in mining engineering in Canada, and among the major firms renowned for international projects.
G Mining values its workforce by promoting professional and individual development with unique career opportunities, encouraging collaboration, and offering a variety of stimulating challenges, all within a warm, welcoming, safe, and inclusive work environment.
In 2020, G Mining Ventures (GMIN) was created to acquire direct ownership of projects and capitalize on the value uplift that successful mine development offers.
The work will be accomplished on the Tocantinzinho project, located in Pará, northern Brazil, in the Tapajos region, site of the largest gold rush in history. Tocantinzinho is a permitted, in construction, open-pit gold deposit containing 1.8 million ounces of reserves.
To ensure the achievement of this large-scale project, G Mining is looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of:
Mechanical General Foreman
Summary of responsibilities
Under the supervision of the site's Mechanical Superintendent, the Mechanical General Foreman will be more specifically called upon to :
- Create and maintain a work execution schedule to meet or beat process plant construction delivery dates, while ensuring cost management.
- Lead a team of supervisor-trainers by aligning their activities with mill construction and equipment availability objectives, organizing meetings, communicating with various stakeholders, visiting mechanical installations and verifying compliance with construction and safety objectives.
- Ensure productivity and quality of work.
- Prepare progress reports.
- Provide employees with the knowledge, skills and abilities needed to effectively perform the tasks required for their position.
- Ensure that all work is carried out in compliance with laws, regulations and standards.
- Ensure, in collaboration with the Health and Safety department, that the necessary measures are taken to raise employee awareness of risks and provide appropriate training to reduce or eliminate workplace hazards, including occupational illnesses, and protect employees and departments.
- Lead the team in strategic problem solving that manages risks and supports overall process plant productivity and delivering on schedule.
- Develop and drive a culture of integrity, ethics, and compliance.
- Mechanical degree and/or combination of relevant experience and training.
- Minimum ten (10) years' experience in construction, including experience in sagmill and/or ballmill assembly.
- Ability to communicate in French and/or English.
- Experience in the mining or heavy mineral industry, an asset.
- Knowledge of Portuguese, or interest in learning, an asset.
- Good leadership and communication skills.
- Solution-oriented and initiative.
- Good analytical, synthesis and problem-solving skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Contract from August 2023 to July 2024.
- Fly-in fly-out" rotations based on a schedule of 29 working days followed by 27 days off.
- 11-hour working day.
- Transport, accommodation and meals provided by the company.
- Possibility of contract extension with G Mining Group until project completion and/or for new construction.
Benefits of being part of our team
G Mining cares strongly about the well-being of its employees so that they can thrive in all areas of their lives. The company's family values are reflected across the range of benefits provided to our team members. By joining our team, you will get to enjoy the following benefits:
- Family group insurance paid by G Mining (drugs, dental, paramedical, vision and travel) as it is important to take care of yourself.
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP) when you need support.
If you feel ready and willing to be part of a team of experienced professionals, involved in various areas of the mining industry and driven by the desire to succeed in the projects in which they are involved, we offer you a challenge that matches your ambitions.
We look forward to reading your resume, which you are invited to send in complete confidentiality.
G Mining Services welcomes all submissions and is committed to evaluating them without discriminatory bias. We offer equal employment opportunities to all. The use of the masculine gender only serves to lighten the text.
Knowledge of a language other than French is required for this position since G Mining Services' clients are international and the incumbent will have to communicate with them on a regular basis.