Senior Process Metallurgist Engineer
G Mining Services is a multidisciplinary company offering professional services in the mining industry, for underground and open pit mining projects, in precious, base, or industrial metals. G Mining is one of the most important consulting firms in mining engineering in Quebec, and among the major firms renowned for international projects.
G Mining values its workforce by promoting professional and individual development with unique career opportunities, encouraging collaboration, and offering a variety of stimulating challenges, all within a warm, welcoming, safe, and inclusive work environment.
To pursue its development, G Mining is looking for a dynamic and motivated individual to fill the position of:
Senior Process Metallurgist Engineer
Summary of responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Vice-President of the Metallurgy Department, the incumbent will be part of the team dedicated to the planning and mineral processing design. More specifically, the Senior Process Metallurgist Engineer will be called upon to:
- Lead and complete process engineering deliverables during studies, basic and detailed engineering project phases, i.e., process description, process design criteria, size major mineral processing equipment, mass and water balances, process flow diagrams (PFDs), P&IDs, process control philosophy and control narratives.
- Summarize metallurgical test work results.
- Plan, review and interpret metallurgical test work results in support of developing process design criteria.
- Complete major equipment sizing and work with vendors related to mineral processing plants.
- Ensure process designs meet required environmental and safety standards and actively participate in design reviews.
- Complete process design calculations to support the development of process deliverables.
- Interface and work with other engineering disciplines on studies or projects.
- Complete process operating costs (OPEX).
- Provide support to capital cost development, i.e., review costs, identify plant related indirect costs (first fills, opening stocks, pre-production labour).
- Complete trade off studies related to flowsheet development, equipment technology selection and cost benefits.
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in Mineral Processing, Metallurgy or Chemical Engineering.
- Be a member in good standing of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec (O.I.Q.) or licensed as a professional engineer in any other province in Canada.
- Have experience in engineering consulting and mineral process plant operations.
- Experience with gold and base metal ore processing.
- Be and stay abreast of the latest process technology developments.
- Be able to communicate in French and/or English.
- Be open to periodically visit mine sites related to mandates.
- Metallurgical technical analysis
- Problem solving
- Good organizational skills
- The position will be based at the G Mining Services office in Brossard and/or remotely.
- Possibility of working in hybrid mode (office and remote work).
- Possibility of travelling abroad and in Canada depending on the availability of the candidate.
Benefits of being part of our team
G Mining cares strongly about the well-being of its employees so that they can thrive in all areas of their lives. The company's family values are reflected across the range of benefits provided to our team members. By joining our team, you will get to enjoy the following benefits:
- Bonus based on the employee's and the company's performance because we are committed to rewarding employee contributions.
- Family group insurance paid by G Mining (drugs, dental, paramedical, vision and travel) as it is important to take care of yourself.
- Deferred Profit-Sharing Plan (DPSP) in which we make contributions so you can enjoy the retirement you deserve.
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP) when you need support.
- Reimbursement program for sports-related expenses to keep you motivated to adopt healthy lifestyle habits.
- Training program because we value the professional development of our employees.
- Social activities to provide employees opportunities to have fun and connect with each other.
- Opportunity to work remotely to avoid commuting time, and free parking when working in the office.
If you feel ready and willing to be part of a team of experienced professionals, involved in various areas of the mining industry and driven by the desire to succeed in the projects in which they are involved, we offer you a challenge that matches your ambitions.
G Mining Services welcomes all submissions and is committed to evaluating them without discriminatory bias. We offer equal employment opportunities to all. The use of the masculine gender only serves to lighten the text.
Knowledge of a language other than French is required for this position since G Mining Services' clients are international and the incumbent will have to communicate with them on a regular basis.