Senior Electrical Engineer
G Mining Services is a multidisciplinary company offering professional services in the mining industry, for underground and open pit mining projects, in precious, base, or industrial metals. G Mining is one of the most important consulting firms in mining engineering in Quebec, and among the major firms renowned for international projects.
G Mining values its workforce by promoting professional and individual development with unique career opportunities, encouraging collaboration, and offering a variety of stimulating challenges, all within a warm, welcoming, safe, and inclusive work environment.
To pursue its development, G Mining is looking for a dynamic and motivated individual to fill the position of:
Senior Electrical Engineer
Summary of responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Director of the Electrical Engineering Department, the incumbent will be part of the team dedicated to the design and development of mining projects. More specifically, the Senior Electrical Engineer will be required to:
- Coordinate and supervise detailed engineering work.
- Participate in feasibility studies and conceptual stages of projects.
- Prepare detailed engineering documentation for high, medium and low voltage generation, transmission and distribution networks.
- Produce one-line diagrams, equipment specifications and control diagrams related to electrical networks, as well as calculation notes and reports.
- Prepare detailed layout plans for electrical installations.
- Prepare protection and coordination studies for electrical distribution networks.
- Coordinate the execution of electrical work on construction sites and ensure application of the quality plan.
- Supervise and verify the installation, modification, testing and operation of electrical systems and equipment.
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering
- Have a minimum of ten (10) years of relevant experience.
- Be a member in good standing of the Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec.
- Ability to communicate in French and/or English.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and Autocad.
- Experience in surface and underground mining, as well as international work, are assets.
- Knowledge of electrical studies such as short-circuits, coordination and protection, and electric arcs are important assets.
- Good analytical, synthesis and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Autonomy and initiative.
- Attention to detail.
- The position will be based at the G Mining Services office in Brossard and/or remotely.
- Possibility of working in hybrid mode (office and remote work).
- Possibility of travelling abroad and in Canada depending on the availability of the candidate.
Benefits of being part of our team
G Mining cares strongly about the well-being of its employees so that they can thrive in all areas of their lives. The company's family values are reflected across the range of benefits provided to our team members. By joining our team, you will get to enjoy the following benefits:
- Bonus based on the employee's and the company's performance because we are committed to rewarding employee contributions.
- Family group insurance paid by G Mining (drugs, dental, paramedical, vision and travel) as it is important to take care of yourself.
- Deferred Profit Sharing Plan (DPSP) in which we make contributions so you can enjoy the retirement you deserve.
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP) when you need support.
- Reimbursement program for sports-related expenses to keep you motivated to adopt healthy lifestyle habits.
- Training program because we value the professional development of our employees.
- Social activities to provide employees opportunities to have fun and connect with each other.
- Opportunity to work remotely to avoid commuting time, and free parking when working in the office.
If you feel ready and willing to be part of a team of experienced professionals, involved in various areas of the mining industry and driven by the desire to succeed in the projects in which they are involved, we offer you a challenge that matches your ambitions.
G Mining Services welcomes all submissions and is committed to evaluating them without discriminatory bias. We offer equal employment opportunities to all. The use of the masculine gender only serves to lighten the text.
Knowledge of a language other than French is required for this position since G Mining Services' clients are international and the incumbent will have to communicate with them on a regular basis.