Junior IT Technician – Support
G Mining Services is a multidisciplinary company offering professional services in the mining industry, for underground and open pit mining projects, in precious, base, or industrial metals. G Mining is one of the most important consulting firms in mining engineering in Quebec, and among the major firms renowned for international projects.
G Mining values its workforce by promoting professional and individual development with unique career opportunities, encouraging collaboration, and offering a variety of stimulating challenges, all within a warm, welcoming, safe, and inclusive work environment.
To pursue its development, G Mining is looking for a dynamic and motivated individual to fill the position of:
Junior IT Technician – Support
Summary of responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Vice-President, Finance and in collaboration with the IT consultant, the incumbent will be responsible for ensuring the proper functioning of the workstations, software and peripherals used by the organization. More specifically, the Junior IT Technician will be called upon to:
- Install, test and update computer equipment (computers, servers, peripherals, programs, and software).
- Ensure the maintenance, administration, and security of the equipment.
- Diagnose and treat incidents.
- Write procedures and various technical documents.
- Provide support to users in relation to equipment and software.
- Install, configure, and maintain backup solutions.
- Collaborate in the development, technical realization, implementation, documentation, training, and maintenance of systems.
- Create and maintain a log of all computer components in the organization.
- Have a DEC or an AEC in Computer Science.
- Experience in IT support is an asset.
- Have a very good expertise of Windows 10, Windows Server 2019, Office software and Microsoft 365 email.
- Have a good knowledge on troubleshooting network components and be comfortable with remote troubleshooting.
- Be able to communicate in French and/or English.
- Be available to resolve issues outside of business hours.
- Good analytical and process synthesis skills.
- Attentive to details.
- Strong sense of quality.
- Good sense of organization.
- Great adaptability.
- The position will be based at the G Mining Services office in Brossard and/or remotely.
- Possibility of working in hybrid mode (office and remote work).
- Possibility of travelling abroad and in Canada depending on the availability of the candidate.
Benefits of being part of our team
G Mining cares strongly about the well-being of its employees so that they can thrive in all areas of their lives. The company's family values are reflected across the range of benefits provided to our team members. By joining our team, you will get to enjoy the following benefits:
- Bonus based on the employee's and the company's performance because we are committed to rewarding employee contributions.
- Family group insurance paid by G Mining (drugs, dental, paramedical, vision and travel) as it is important to take care of yourself.
- Deferred Profit-Sharing Plan (DPSP) in which we make contributions so you can enjoy the retirement you deserve.
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP) when you need support.
- Reimbursement program for sports-related expenses to keep you motivated to adopt healthy lifestyle habits.
- Training program because we value the professional development of our employees.
- Social activities to provide employees opportunities to have fun and connect with each other.
- Opportunity to work remotely to avoid commuting time, and free parking when working in the office.
If you feel ready and willing to be part of a team of experienced professionals, involved in various areas of the mining industry and driven by the desire to succeed in the projects in which they are involved, we offer you a challenge that matches your ambitions.
We look forward to reading your resume, which you are invited to send in complete confidentiality to the following e-mail address: email@example.com
G Mining Services welcomes all submissions and is committed to evaluating them without discriminatory bias. We offer equal employment opportunities to all. The use of the masculine gender only serves to lighten the text.
Knowledge of a language other than French is required for this position since G Mining Services' clients are international and the incumbent will have to communicate with them on a regular basis.