G Mining Services is a multidisciplinary company offering professional services in the mining industry, for underground and open pit mining projects, in precious, base, or industrial metals. G Mining is one of the most important consulting firms in mining engineering in Quebec, and among the major firms renowned for international projects.
G Mining values its workforce by promoting professional and individual development with unique career opportunities, encouraging collaboration, and offering a variety of stimulating challenges, all within a warm, welcoming, safe, and inclusive work environment.
To pursue its development, G Mining is looking for a dynamic and motivated individual to fill the position of:
Summary of responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Director of the Mechanical and Piping Engineering department, the incumbent will be part of the team dedicated to the management of the construction and development of mining projects. More specifically, the Mechanical Designer will be called upon to:
- Prepare process plant layouts, at the conceptual and detail engineering level, working from a 3D model.
- Prepare general arrangement and equipment location drawings in 2D following project specific mechanical design and plant arrangement criteria.
- Comment on supplier drawings to ensure accuracy of references and contact information.
- Prepare engineering files, models, drawings, sketches, and plans for the mechanical department.
- Provide support in the review of the 3D model to resolve interferences and design issues.
- Incorporate comments into the 3D model and resolve cross discipline issues with the model.
- Have a technical degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent.
- Have a minimum of five (+5) years of relevant experience in mechanical design.
- Be able to communicate in French and/or English.
- A good knowledge of 3D modeling software, NavisWork and Autocad is an important asset.
- Good spatial analysis, synthesis, problem solving and communication skills.
- Good sense of organization.
- Great adaptability.
- The position will be based at the G Mining Services office in Brossard and/or remotely.
- Possibility of working in hybrid mode (office and remote work).
- Possibility of travelling abroad and in Canada depending on the availability of the candidate.
Benefits of being part of our team
G Mining cares strongly about the well-being of its employees so that they can thrive in all areas of their lives. The company's family values are reflected across the range of benefits provided to our team members. By joining our team, you will get to enjoy the following benefits:
- Bonus based on the employee's and the company's performance because we are committed to rewarding employee contributions.
- Family group insurance paid by G Mining (drugs, dental, paramedical, vision and travel) as it is important to take care of yourself.
- Deferred Profit Sharing Plan (DPSP) in which we make contributions so you can enjoy the retirement you deserve.
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP) when you need support.
- Reimbursement program for sports-related expenses to keep you motivated to adopt healthy lifestyle habits.
- Training program because we value the professional development of our employees.
- Social activities to provide employees opportunities to have fun and connect with each other.
- Opportunity to work remotely to avoid commuting time, and free parking when working in the office.
If you feel ready and willing to be part of a team of experienced professionals, involved in various areas of the mining industry and driven by the desire to succeed in the projects in which they are involved, we offer you a challenge that matches your ambitions.
We look forward to reading your resume, which you are invited to send in complete confidentiality to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
G Mining Services welcomes all submissions and is committed to evaluating them without discriminatory bias. We offer equal employment opportunities to all. The use of the masculine gender only serves to lighten the text.
Knowledge of a language other than French is required for this position since G Mining Services' clients are international and the incumbent will have to communicate with them on a regular basis.