Instrumentation Field Engineer (Tocantinzinho Project)
G Mining Services is a multidisciplinary company offering professional services in the mining industry, for underground and open pit mining projects, in precious, base, or industrial metals. G Mining is one of the most important consulting firms in mining engineering in Quebec, and among the major firms renowned for international projects.
G Mining values its workforce by promoting professional and individual development with unique career opportunities, encouraging collaboration, and offering a variety of stimulating challenges, all within a warm, welcoming, safe, and inclusive work environment.
In 2020, G Mining Ventures (GMIN) was created to acquire direct ownership of projects and capitalize on the value uplift that successful mine development offers.
The work will be accomplished on the Tocantinzinho project, located in Pará, northern Brazil, in the Tapajos region, site of the largest gold rush in history. Tocantinzinho is a permitted, construction ready, open-pit gold deposit containing 1.8 million ounces of reserves.
To ensure the achievement of this large-scale project, G Mining is looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of:
Instrumentation Field Engineer
Summary of responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Lead Electrical Engineer, the incumbent will be involved in performing a variety of engineering duties in the design modification of established system processes on the field. More specifically, the Instrumentation Field Engineer will be called upon to:
- Integrate design, including but not limited to the Data Acquisition and Control System (SCADA), PLCs, plant controls, telecommunications, and related systems, etc.
- Design and program SCADA systems, man-machine interface (HMI), and APIs.
- Supervise external consultants in the integration of automation systems.
- Participate in piping design and instrumentation.
- Review and prepare design of plans, process control stories, instrument lists, and I / O lists.
- Prepare quantities and estimates of components.
- Supervise supplier plans.
- Provide technical support, solve communication problems between field devices, communication networks, APIs, and SCADA.
- Have a bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering / Computer Science / Automation.
- Have a minimum of fifteen (15) years of related experience.
- Have knowledge of the detailed API and SCADA programming.
- Have experience with Modicon API and Preferred Unity software.
- Have an advanced understanding of API and HMI programming.
- Be able to use and create function blocks.
- Be able to modify and create a VBA code.
- Be able to communicate in French and/or English.
- Good communication skills.
- Safety and environmental awareness.
- Analytical and strategic thinking.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Planning and organization skills.
- Contract from August 2023 to August 2024.
- Daily work schedule of 11 hours per day.
- Fly-in Fly-out on 29 days of work followed by 27 days off schedule.
- Transport, accommodations, and meals provided.
- Competitive benefits and group insurance.
If you feel ready and willing to be part of a team of experienced professionals, involved in various areas of the mining industry and driven by the desire to succeed in the projects in which they are involved, we offer you a challenge that matches your ambitions.
We look forward to reading your resume, which you are invited to send in complete confidentiality to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
G Mining Services welcomes all submissions and is committed to evaluating them without discriminatory bias. We offer equal employment opportunities to all. The use of the masculine gender only serves to lighten the text.
Knowledge of a language other than French is required for this position since G Mining Services' clients are international and the incumbent will have to communicate with them on a regular basis.