In order to pursue its development, G Mining is looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of:
Summary of responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Electrical Department Lead, the Electrical Engineer will be part of the team dedicated to the design and development of mining projects. Specifically, this person will be responsible for:
- Prepare detailed engineering documentation for high, medium and low voltage networks such as design notes, reports, single-line diagrams, equipment specifications and control diagrams;
- Prepare cost estimates and project schedules;
- Prepare design specifications for electrical systems and installations, both for power generation, transmission and utilization;
- Monitor and verify the installation, modification, testing and operation of electrical systems and equipment;
- Manage supply contracts for electrical equipment;
- Develop maintenance and operating specifications for electrical systems and equipment.
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering;
- Minimum six years of relevant experience;
- Member in good standing of the Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec;
- Fluency in French and English, both oral and written;
- Experience in the open-pit and underground mining sector as well as international experience are important assets;
- Knowledge of electrical studies such as short circuits, coordination and protection and electrical arcs are important assets;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and Autocad.
Most of the work will be done in Brossard at the G Mining offices and occasionally it will be possible to make site visits in Canada and abroad depending on the needs of the projects.
- Good analytical, synthesis and problem solving skills;
- Good organizational skills, autonomy and ability to work under pressure;
- Demonstrate initiative and attention to detail.