Field Mechanical Engineer – Greenstone Project
G Mining Services is a multidisciplinary company offering professional services in the mining industry, for underground and open pit mining projects, in precious, base, or industrial metals. G Mining is one of the most important consulting firms in mining engineering in Quebec, and among the major firms renowned for international projects.
G Mining Services is a family company that values its workforce by promoting professional and individual development with unique career opportunities, encouraging collaboration, and offering a variety of stimulating challenges, all within a warm, welcoming, safe, and inclusive work environment.
The work will be based in Northern Ontario, Canada in one of the most attractive development assets in Canada, the Greenstone Project. Greenstone is a construction-ready, multi-million-ounce gold project located in one of the world’s best mining jurisdictions.
To pursue its development, G Mining is looking for a dynamic and motivated individual to fill the position of:
Field Mechanical Engineer – Greenstone Project
Summary of responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Mechanical Superintendent, the incumbent will be involved in providing technical engineering support to the site construction management and supervision team to ensure that construction work complies with the engineering design including specifications, codes, and standards. More specifically, the Field Mechanical Engineer will be called upon to:
- Assist with technical bid analysis and recommendations as required.
- Verify site data and conditions.
- Coordinate local permitting technical requirements.
- Manage and resolve cross-discipline clashes or conflicts when discovered in engineering deliverables (drawings and specifications).
- Assist with the Field Engineering section of the Construction Execution Plan.
- As applicable, assist with constructability input and on-site monitoring of design, work scope, construction sequence, impacts to estimating and scheduling.
- Provide technical assistance to QA/QC.
- Review and approve QA test reports and documentation where required.
- Provide technical assistance to Construction Supervision.
- Review and verify monthly progress reports from contractors.
- Manage field information requests and site design change procedures.
- Develop, check, and distribute specifications for on-site purchases where required, such as temporary works or site generated purchases.
- Review and monitor contractor pricing and assist the Contracts Administrator in the review and settlement of change orders and claims.
- Review contractor supplied deliverables including as-built documentation.
- Coordinate third party inspections in conjunction with consultants and other authorities.
- Generate and/or check field sketches or red-line engineering deliverables.
- Manage, control, and maintain onsite drawings, files, and registers.
- Review contract documents for the area of responsibility and identify conflicts and recommend solutions.
- Verify that construction work complies with all engineering standards, codes, specifications and design instructions as well as applicable regulatory requirements.
- Perform technical review at substantial and final completions.
- Inform in a timely manner the superior of the identification of institutional, economic, commercial, labor, environmental, security risks of people.
- Have a bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering.
- Have a minimum of seven (7) years of experience in a specialized area and supervisory experience.
- Be able to communicate in French and/or English.
- Experience in the mining or heavy mineral industry is considered an asset.
- Good communication skills
- Safety and environmental awareness
- Analytical and strategic thinking
- Problem-solving skills
- Planning and organization skills
- End of contract: December 2023.
- Fly-in fly-out rotations on a 14-7 or 18-11 schedule.
- Transport, accommodations, and meals provided by Greenstone Project.
- Possibility for certain periods of working from the Brossard office to prepare the work for the site.
- Competitive benefits and group insurance.
If you feel ready and willing to be part of a team of experienced professionals, involved in various areas of the mining industry and driven by the desire to succeed in the projects in which they are involved, we offer you a challenge that matches your ambitions.
We look forward to reading your resume, which you are invited to send in complete confidentiality to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
G Mining Services welcomes all submissions and is committed to evaluating them without discriminatory bias. We offer equal employment opportunities to all. The use of the masculine gender only serves to lighten the text.
Knowledge of a language other than French is required for this position since G Mining Services' clients are international and the incumbent will have to communicate with them on a regular basis.