Junior Civil/Structure Engineer
G Mining Services is a multidisciplinary company offering professional services in the mining industry, for underground and open pit mining projects, in precious, base, or industrial metals. G Mining is one of the most important consulting firms in mining engineering in Quebec, and among the major firms renowned for international projects.
G Mining values its workforce by promoting professional and individual development with unique career opportunities, encouraging collaboration, and offering a variety of stimulating challenges, all within a warm, welcoming, safe, and inclusive work environment.
To pursue its development, G Mining is looking for a dynamic and motivated individual to fill the position of:
Junior Civil/Structure Engineer
Summary of responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Director of the CSA (Civil, Structural and Architectural) Department, the incumbent will be part of the team dedicated to the planning and design of concrete and steel structures for heavy and light industrial buildings. More specifically, the Junior Civil/Structure Engineer will be called upon to:
- Participate in preliminary studies for mining projects.
- Work with clients to understand their mining project needs.
- Coordinate and collaborate the interdisciplinary management to complete the studies. The objective of G Mining is to carry out the preliminary studies of the projects with the aim of participating in the execution of the projects.
- Participate in the preparation of estimates, specifications, schedules, and budgets.
- Ensure that plans comply with guidelines, client and project needs, building code requirements and other national and international standards and regulations.
- Prepare and ensure compliance with project and/or construction schedules.
- Design steel and concrete buildings and structures.
- Support the preparation of contracts and negotiate revisions, changes, and additions to contractual agreements.
- Participate in monthly progress reports.
- Have a bachelor’s degree in civil engineering ideally specialized in project management (asset).
- Have a minimum of two (2) years of relevant experience.
- Be a member in good standing of the Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec (O.I.Q.).
- Be able to communicate in French and/or English.
- Knowledge of Spanish is an asset.
- Have a good knowledge of Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Ability to learn new software. G Mining's CSA team uses SAP2000 and ADA software.
- Good analytical, synthesis, problem solving and communication skills.
- Good sense of organization.
- Great capacity of adaptation.
- The position will be based at the G Mining Services office in Brossard and/or remotely.
- Possibility of working in hybrid mode (office and remote work).
- Advancement opportunities and being assigned your own projects.
- Possibility of travelling abroad and in Canada depending on the availability of the candidate and the project needs.
Benefits of being part of our team
G Mining cares strongly about the well-being of its employees so that they can thrive in all areas of their lives. The company's family values are reflected across the range of benefits provided to our team members. By joining our team, you will get to enjoy the following benefits:
- Bonus based on the employee's and the company's performance because we are committed to rewarding employee contributions.
- Family group insurance paid by G Mining (drugs, dental, paramedical, vision and travel) as it is important to take care of yourself.
- Deferred Profit Sharing Plan (DPSP) in which we make contributions so you can enjoy the retirement you deserve.
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP) when you need support.
- Reimbursement program for sports-related expenses to keep you motivated to adopt healthy lifestyle habits.
- Training program because we value the professional development of our employees.
- Social activities to provide employees opportunities to have fun and connect with each other.
- Opportunity to work remotely to avoid commuting time, and free parking when working in the office.
If you feel ready and willing to be part of a team of experienced professionals, involved in various areas of the mining industry and driven by the desire to succeed in the projects in which they are involved, we offer you a challenge that matches your ambitions.
We look forward to reading your resume, which you are invited to send in complete confidentiality to the following e-mail address: email@example.com
G Mining Services welcomes all submissions and is committed to evaluating them without discriminatory bias. We offer equal employment opportunities to all. The use of the masculine gender only serves to lighten the text.
Knowledge of a language other than French is required for this position since G Mining Services' clients are international and the incumbent will have to communicate with them on a regular basis.