Health & Safety Manager (Tocantinzinho Project)
G Mining Services is a multidisciplinary company offering professional services in the mining industry, for underground and open pit mining projects, in precious, base, or industrial metals. G Mining is one of the most important consulting firms in mining engineering in Quebec, and among the major firms renowned for international projects.
G Mining values its workforce by promoting professional and individual development with unique career opportunities, encouraging collaboration, and offering a variety of stimulating challenges, all within a warm, welcoming, safe, and inclusive work environment.
In 2020, G Mining Ventures (GMIN) was created to acquire direct ownership of projects and capitalize on the value uplift that successful mine development offers.
The work will be accomplished on the Tocantinzinho project, located in Pará, northern Brazil, in the Tapajos region, site of the largest gold rush in history. Tocantinzinho is a permitted, construction ready, open-pit gold deposit containing 1.8 million ounces of reserves.
To ensure the achievement of this large-scale project, G Mining is looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of:
Health & Safety Manager
Summary of responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Project Director, the incumbent will be responsible for administrating, training, and maintaining the entire safety function on site. More specifically, the Health & Safety Manager will be called upon to:
- Develop and implement all occupational health and safety programs that meet all applicable Company and Health, Safety and Reclamation Code standards and regulations.
- Assist all levels of supervision in accident prevention by regularly inspecting the work site and informing supervisors of unsafe practices, conditions, and possible hazards.
- Establish accurate and effective accident and complaint investigation procedures by following up on all relevant information in a prompt and thorough manner.
- Ensure compliance with all contractual requirements with respect to safety and inspections of work areas.
- Ensure that all required industrial hygiene monitoring is carried out in a diligent fashion and appropriately reported.
- Conduct appropriate loss control training programs such as safety, first aid, mine rescue, firefighting, emergency response procedures and dangerous goods handling procedures, etc. and promote applicable awareness programs.
- Carry out emergency procedures in the event of a major incident.
- Supply written reports on safety matters, safety performance, risk management and related matters in a format consistent with mining industry standards and acceptable to the various inspectors and/or underwriters.
- Keep abreast of relevant safety policies, procedures and regulations through industry contacts, conferences, round tables, and associations, informing management of these developments and the potential application and impact on the company's construction operations.
- Ensure that the safe working procedures being developed within each department are produced in a timely fashion.
- Train the workforce to follow company standards and training all departments of Mining Standard Operating-Construction Procedures.
- Have a post-secondary degree in Occupational Health and Safety or related field.
- Have a minimum of ten (10) years of related professional experience.
- Have strong computer skills with Microsoft Office.
- Be able to communicate in French and/or English, both speaking and writing.
- Knowledge of Portuguese is an asset.
- Experience in the construction and mining industry is considered an asset.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Leadership, mentoring and entrepreneurial skills.
- Safety and environmental awareness.
- Good analytical, synthesis and problem-solving skills.
- Solution oriented and proactive.
- Contract ending in December 2024.
- Fly-in Fly-out on 29 days of work followed by 27 days off schedule.
- Transport, accommodations, and meals provided.
- Competitive benefits and group insurance.
If you feel ready and willing to be part of a team of experienced professionals, involved in various areas of the mining industry and driven by the desire to succeed in the projects in which they are involved, we offer you a challenge that matches your ambitions.
We look forward to reading your resume, which you are invited to send in complete confidentiality to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
G Mining Services welcomes all submissions and is committed to evaluating them without discriminatory bias. We offer equal employment opportunities to all. The use of the masculine gender only serves to lighten the text.
Knowledge of a language other than French is required for this position since G Mining Services' clients are international and the incumbent will have to communicate with them on a regular basis.
For more information visit www.gmining.com