Construction Mechanical Engineer
G Mining Services is a multidisciplinary company offering professional services in the mining industry, for underground and open pit mining projects, in precious, base, or industrial metals. G Mining is one of the most important consulting firms in mining engineering in Quebec, and among the major firms renowned for international projects.
G Mining values its workforce by promoting professional and individual development with unique career opportunities, encouraging collaboration, and offering a variety of stimulating challenges, all within a warm, welcoming, safe, and inclusive work environment.
To pursue its development, G Mining is looking for a dynamic and motivated individual to fill the position of:
Construction Mechanical Engineer
Summary of responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Mechanical Engineering Director, the incumbent will be part of the team dedicated to the design and development of the project. More specifically, the Construction Mechanical Engineer will be called upon to:
- Work from the office, visit brownfield site and/or head to construction site after engineering.
- Prepare engineering packages with model, drawings, sketches, plans and scope of work.
- Assist with technical bid analysis and recommendations.
- Verify site data and conditions.
- Coordinate local permitting technical requirements.
- Manage and resolve cross-discipline clashes or conflicts when discovered in engineering deliverables (drawings and specifications).
- Assist with the Field Engineering section of the Construction Execution Plan.
- Assist with constructability input and on-site monitoring of design, work scope, construction sequence, impacts to estimating and scheduling.
- Provide technical assistance to QA/QC and Construction Supervision.
- Review and approve QA test reports and documentation.
- Review the contractor’s monthly progress reports and supplied deliverables including as-built documentation.
- Manage field information requests and site design change procedures.
- Develop, check, and distribute specifications for onsite purchases where required, such as temporary works or site generated purchases.
- Review and monitor contractor pricing and assist the Contracts Administrator in the review and settlement of change orders and claims.
- Coordinate third party inspections in conjunction with consultants and other authorities.
- Generate and/or check field sketches or red-line engineering deliverables.
- Manage, control, and maintain onsite drawings, files, and registers.
- Review contract documents for the area of responsibility and identify conflicts and recommend solutions.
- Verify that construction work complies with all engineering standards, codes, specifications, and design instructions as well as applicable regulatory requirements.
- Perform technical review at substantial and final completions.
- Inform in a timely manner to its superior, of the identification of institutional, economic, commercial, labor, environmental, security risks of people.
- Have a bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Have a minimum of ten (10) years of experience in construction or project operation.
- Be able to communicate in French and/or English.
- Experience in the surface and underground mining sector is considered an asset.
- Solution oriented and proactive.
- Good analytical, synthesis and problem-solving skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Sense of initiative
- Attention to detail.
- The position will be based at the G Mining Services office in Brossard.
- Possibility of working in hybrid mode (office and remote work).
- Possibility of travelling abroad and in Canada depending on the availability of the candidate.
If you feel ready and willing to be part of a team of experienced professionals, involved in various areas of the mining industry and driven by the desire to succeed in the projects in which they are involved, we offer you a challenge that matches your ambitions.
We look forward to reading your resume, which you are invited to send in complete confidentiality to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
G Mining Services welcomes all submissions and is committed to evaluating them without discriminatory bias. We offer equal employment opportunities to all. The use of the masculine gender only serves to lighten the text.
Knowledge of a language other than French is required for this position since G Mining Services' clients are international and the incumbent will have to communicate with them on a regular basis.
For more information visit www.gmining.com