Civil Field Engineer (Tocantinzinho Project)
G Mining Services is a multidisciplinary company offering professional services in the mining industry, for underground and open pit mining projects, in precious, base, or industrial metals. G Mining is one of the most important consulting firms in mining engineering in Quebec, and among the major firms renowned for international projects.
G Mining Services is a family company that values its workforce by promoting professional and individual development with unique career opportunities, encouraging collaboration, and offering a variety of stimulating challenges, all within a warm, welcoming, safe, and inclusive work environment.
In 2020, G Mining Ventures (GMIN) was created to acquire direct ownership of projects and capitalize on the value uplift that successful mine development offers.
The work will be accomplished on the Tocantinzinho project, located in Pará, northern Brazil, in the Tapajos region, site of the largest gold rush in history. Tocantinzinho is a permitted, construction ready, open-pit gold deposit containing 1.8 million ounces of reserves.
To ensure the achievement of this large-scale project, G Mining is looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of:
Civil Field Engineer
Summary of responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Civil Superintendent on site, the incumbent will be part of the team responsible to provide technical engineering assistance to Project & Construction Management to ensure construction work complies with all engineering standards, codes, and specifications on heavy civil construction of the project. More specifically, the Civil Field Engineer will be called upon to:
- Work with the Civil Superintendent to schedule major contracts, deliveries and anticipate that all tools and equipment needed are available.
- Perform concrete quantity “cut-off” calculations at the time of pour.
- Participate in the preparation of the project construction schedule to include dates and the sequence of activities such as craft assignments, crew sizes, project site layout of offices, traffic flow, and material storage.
- Evaluate schedule progress and update project schedule on a regular basis with realistic timetable for future work items.
- Assist in development of design/drawings for temporary works: for example, falsework, shoring, formwork, etc.
- Provide quality control assistance at critical times (i.e., before a concrete pour, etc.) to ensure contract compliance.
- Manage procurement and delivery of permanent materials and storage on the project site.
- Verify compliance with contract specifications and submit certifications/other documentation to the appropriate QC/QA personnel.
- Assist in developing Work Plans, Post Plans & Pre-Plans.
- Oversee all the plans documentation and quantity keeping for the project.
- Ensure department’s compliance with the requirement of Government of Brazil’s Agencies, shareholders’ environmental, health and Safety legislation and company regulations.
- Have a bachelor's degree in civil engineering.
- Have a minimum of five (5) years of experience.
- Have previous experience in Heavy Civil Construction Projects of similar scope.
- Be familiar with Microsoft Office and AutoCAD.
- Have experience in cost management, cost control and scheduling.
- Be able to communicate in French and/or English, both speaking and writing.
- Knowledge of Portuguese is an asset.
- Experience in the mining sector and in structural steel is considered an asset.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong work ethic.
- Solution oriented and proactive.
- Good analytical, synthesis and problem-solving skills.
- Strong leadership and management presentation skills.
- Contract from December 2022 to July 2024.
- Fly-in Fly-out on 29 days of work followed by 27 days off schedule.
- Transport, accommodations, and meals provided.
- Competitive benefits and group insurance.
If you feel ready and willing to be part of a team of experienced professionals, involved in various areas of the mining industry and driven by the desire to succeed in the projects in which they are involved, we offer you a challenge that matches your ambitions.
We look forward to reading your resume, which you are invited to send in complete confidentiality to the following e-mail address: email@example.com
G Mining Services welcomes all submissions and is committed to evaluating them without discriminatory bias. We offer equal employment opportunities to all. The use of the masculine gender only serves to lighten the text.
Knowledge of a language other than French is required for this position since G Mining Services' clients are international and the incumbent will have to communicate with them on a regular basis.
For more information visit www.gmining.com