Mine Operations General Foreman (Tocantinzinho Project)
G Mining Services is a multidisciplinary company offering professional services in the mining industry, for underground and open pit mining projects, in precious, base, or industrial metals. G Mining is one of the most important consulting firms in mining engineering in Quebec, and among the major firms renowned for international projects.
G Mining Services is a family company that values its workforce by promoting professional and individual development with unique career opportunities, encouraging collaboration, and offering a variety of stimulating challenges, all within a warm, welcoming, safe, and inclusive work environment.
In 2020, G Mining Ventures (GMIN) was created to acquire direct ownership of projects and capitalize on the value uplift that successful mine development offers.
The work will be accomplished on the Tocantinzinho project, located in Pará, northern Brazil, in the Tapajos region, site of the largest gold rush in history. Tocantinzinho is a permitted, construction ready, open-pit gold deposit containing 1.8 million ounces of reserves.
To ensure the achievement of this large-scale project, G Mining is looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of:
Mine Operations General Foreman
Summary of responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Mine Superintendent on site, the incumbent the incumbent will be responsible to manage open-pit operations, production, and development. More specifically, the Mine Operations General Foreman will be called upon to:
- Direct mine operations to ensure that mine production plans (tonnes and grade) are achieved to feed the mill, safely and efficiently.
- Develop and meet the mine operating budget to control mining costs and to maximize the ore body.
- Review and approve mine plans (short and long term)
- Contribute to the general management of the operations as a member of the senior management team.
- Coordinate activities and requirements with mine operations, engineering, maintenance, mill process, with respective superintendents.
- Participate in open-pit emergencies as the Emergency/Fire Control Officer responsible for all rescue and recovery operations.
- Deal with labour relations issues promptly, in conjunction with the Human Resources Superintendent.
- Lead and develop subordinates so that they add value to the company.
- Train and develop a successor.
- Serve on call duties for senior management on weekends on a rotational basis.
- Establish parameters to ensure maximum productivity while adhering to provincial safety and environmental legislation, regulations, Company policy and procedure, and good management practices.
- Have a high school diploma.
- Have a minimum of fifteen (15) years of mine experience with high level of responsibility and exposure to all areas of open-pit operations.
- Be able to communicate in French and/or English, both speaking and writing.
- Have thorough knowledge of relevant legislation and general management principles.
- Knowledge of Portuguese is an asset.
- Flexible approach and attitude.
- Good communication skills.
- Hard working.
- Leadership and entrepreneurship.
- Safety and environmental awareness.
- Good analytical, synthesis and problem-solving skills.
- Solution oriented and proactive.
- Good organizational skills.
- Contract from October 2022 to July 2024.
- Fly-in Fly-out on 29 days of work followed by 27 days off schedule.
- Transport, accommodations, and meals provided.
- Competitive benefits and group insurance.
If you feel ready and willing to be part of a team of experienced professionals, involved in various areas of the mining industry and driven by the desire to succeed in the projects in which they are involved, we offer you a challenge that matches your ambitions.
We look forward to reading your resume, which you are invited to send in complete confidentiality to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
G Mining Services welcomes all submissions and is committed to evaluating them without discriminatory bias. We offer equal employment opportunities to all. The use of the masculine gender only serves to lighten the text.
Knowledge of a language other than French is required for this position since G Mining Services' clients are international and the incumbent will have to communicate with them on a regular basis.
For more information visit www.gmining.com