Senior Civil Engineer
G Mining Services is a multidisciplinary company offering professional services in the mining industry, for underground and open pit mining projects, in precious, base, or industrial metals. G Mining is one of the most important consulting firms in mining engineering in Quebec, and among the major firms renowned for international projects.
G Mining values its workforce by promoting professional and individual development with unique career opportunities, encouraging collaboration, and offering a variety of stimulating challenges, all within a warm, welcoming, safe, and inclusive work environment.
To pursue its development, G Mining is looking for a dynamic and motivated individual to fill the position of:
Senior Civil Engineer
Summary of responsibilities
Under the supervision of the CSA (Civil, Structure & Architectural) Director, the incumbent will be part of the team dedicated to the engineering for light and heavy industrial buildings. More specifically, the Civil Engineer will be called upon to:
- Prepare and review design calculations of structural systems.
- Design buildings and equipment foundation concrete.
- Follow up with steel fabricator and review shop drawings.
- Help prepare drawings, design specifications and reports.
- Participate in preparing estimates, bills of quantities, schedules, and budgets.
- Ensure plans meet guidelines, building code requirements and other national and international standards and regulations.
- Prepare and ensure adherence to construction schedules.
- Prepare contract documents and reviews and evaluate bids for construction projects.
- Prepare cost and time estimates, design reports and specifications for his or her area.
- Participate in the development of the schedule, ensure compliance with contractual schedules, and develop corrective measures and plans if necessary.
- Validate and submit budget estimates.
- Support the preparation of contracts and negotiate revisions, changes, and additions to contractual agreements.
- Plan and create detailed structural engineering drawings in both 2D and 3D design, taking designs from concept to final product while working collaboratively with engineers.
- Maintain accurate design files for reference.
- Check 2D drawings and 3D models for clashes and constructability with other disciplines.
- Have a Bachelors’ degree in civil engineering specialized in structural design.
- Have a minimum of seven (7) years of relevant experience.
- Be a member in good standing of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec (O.I.Q.).
- Have knowledge in Sap2000 or ADA (Advance Design America) software.
- Be able to communicate in French and/or English, both speaking and writing.
- Knowledge of Spanish is an asset.
- A good knowledge of Excel, Word and Outlook is required.
- Experience in the mining sector and working internationally are very important assets
- Good analytical, synthesis, problem solving and communication skills.
- Good sense of organization.
- Great capacity of adaptation.
- The position will be based at the G Mining Services office in Brossard.
- Possibility of working in hybrid mode (office and remote work).
- Possibility of travelling abroad and in Canada depending on the availability of the candidate.
If you feel ready and willing to be part of a team of experienced professionals, involved in various areas of the mining industry and driven by the desire to succeed in the projects in which they are involved, we offer you a challenge that matches your ambitions.
We look forward to reading your resume, which you are invited to send in complete confidentiality to the following e-mail address: email@example.com
G Mining Services welcomes all submissions and is committed to evaluating them without discriminatory bias. We offer equal employment opportunities to all. The use of the masculine gender only serves to lighten the text.
Knowledge of a language other than French is required for this position since G Mining Services' clients are international and the incumbent will have to communicate with them on a regular basis.
For more information visit www.gmining.com