Field Electrical Supervisor-Trainer (Tocantinzinho Project)
G Mining Services is a multidisciplinary company offering professional services in the mining industry, for underground and open pit mining projects, in precious, base, or industrial metals. G Mining is one of the most important consulting firms in mining engineering in Quebec, and among the major firms renowned for international projects.
G Mining values its workforce by promoting professional and individual development with unique career opportunities, encouraging collaboration, and offering a variety of stimulating challenges, all within a warm, welcoming, safe, and inclusive work environment.
In 2020, G Mining Ventures (GMIN) was created to acquire direct ownership of projects and capitalize on the value uplift that successful mine development offers.
The work will be accomplished on the Tocantinzinho project, located in Pará, northern Brazil, in the Tapajos region, site of the largest gold rush in history. Tocantinzinho is a permitted, construction ready, open-pit gold deposit containing 1.8 million ounces of reserves.
To ensure the achievement of this large-scale project, G Mining is looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of:
Field Electrical Supervisor-Trainer
Summary of responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Electrical General Foreman, the incumbent will be involved in the supervision, training, coordination, and scheduling of the construction activities of workers in the electrical team. More specifically, the Electrical Supervisor-Trainer will be called upon to:
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and coordinate work activities with other departments.
- Solve work problems and recommend measures to improve productivity and product quality.
- Order materials and supplies.
- Prepare work progress reports.
- Supervise, coordinate, and schedule the activities of employees.
- Provide the employees the knowledge, skills, and abilities to effectively perform the duties required for their position.
- Ensure the training, supervision and coaching of employees.
- Ensure that all work is completed in compliance with laws, regulations, and standards.
- Check products for quality control, repair flaws and perform ongoing machine adjustments and minor maintenance as necessary
- Record manufacturing information such as quantity, size and type of goods produced.
- Maintain the tools and necessary materials needed to execute the work.
- Ensure, in collaboration with the Health and Safety Department, that necessary measures are taken to educate employees about the risks and provide the appropriate training to reduce or eliminate the dangers at work, including professional illnesses and protect employees and services.
- Have a technical diploma or a certificate in electrical studies.
- Have a minimum of ten (10) years of experience in the construction of industrial facilities including training responsibilities.
- Be able to communicate in French and/or English, both speaking and writing.
- Experience in the surface and underground mining sector is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of Portuguese is an asset.
- Leadership and communication skills.
- Solution oriented and proactive.
- Good analytical, synthesis and problem-solving skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Contract from October 2022 to July 2024.
- Fly-in Fly-out on 29 days of work followed by 27 days off schedule.
- Transport, accommodations, and meals provided.
- Competitive benefits and group insurance.
If you feel ready and willing to be part of a team of experienced professionals, involved in various areas of the mining industry and driven by the desire to succeed in the projects in which they are involved, we offer you a challenge that matches your ambitions.
We look forward to reading your resume, which you are invited to send in complete confidentiality to the following e-mail address: email@example.com
G Mining Services welcomes all submissions and is committed to evaluating them without discriminatory bias. We offer equal employment opportunities to all. The use of the masculine gender only serves to lighten the text.
Knowledge of a language other than French is required for this position since G Mining Services' clients are international and the incumbent will have to communicate with them on a regular basis.
For more information visit www.gmining.com