Field Piping Engineer (Tocantinzinho Project)
G Mining Services is a multidisciplinary company offering professional services in the mining industry, for underground and open pit mining projects, in precious, base, or industrial metals. G Mining is one of the most important consulting firms in mining engineering in Quebec, and among the major firms renowned for international projects.
G Mining Services is a family company that values its workforce by promoting professional and individual development with unique career opportunities, encouraging collaboration, and offering a variety of stimulating challenges, all within a warm, welcoming, safe, and inclusive work environment.
In 2020, G Mining Ventures (GMIN) was created to acquire direct ownership of projects and capitalize on the value uplift that successful mine development offers.
The work will be accomplished on the Tocantinzinho project, located in Pará, northern Brazil, in the Tapajos region, site of the largest gold rush in history. Tocantinzinho is a permitted, construction ready, open-pit gold deposit containing 1.8 million ounces of reserves.
To ensure the achievement of this large-scale project, G Mining is looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of:
Field Piping Engineer
Summary of responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Piping Superintendent on site, the incumbent will be part of the team dedicated to the design and development of the project. More specifically, the Field Piping Engineer will be called upon to:
- Plan, schedule, and coordinate detailed phases of the engineering work in in part or in total of the project.
- Plan and conduct surveys, tests, or investigations, interpret results, and prepare recommendations, summaries, schedules, and cost estimates.
- Meet with representatives of other departments to coordinate planning and scheduling activities.
- Perform work which involves conventional engineering practice but includes a variety of complex features, such as conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of standard materials, and difficult coordination requirements.
- Develop and evaluate plans and criteria for the project and its activities.
- Devise new approaches to problems encountered.
- Schedule and coordinate the work of technicians to complete work on time and within budget parameters.
- Ensure department’s compliance with the requirement of Government of Brazil’s Agencies, Brazauro’s lending institutions, shareholders’ environmental, health and Safety legislation and company regulations
- The responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
- Have a bachelor's degree in piping or mechanical engineering.
- Have a minimum of six (6) years of experience.
- Be able to communicate in French and/or English, both speaking and writing.
- Knowledge of Portuguese is an asset.
- Experience in the surface and underground mining sector is considered an asset.
- Solution oriented and proactive.
- Good analytical, synthesis and problem-solving skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Contract from October 2022 to Jul 2024.
- Fly-in Fly-out on 29 days of work followed by 27 days off schedule.
- Transport, accommodations, and meals provided.
- Competitive benefits and group insurance.
If you feel ready and willing to be part of a team of experienced professionals, involved in various areas of the mining industry and driven by the desire to succeed in the projects in which they are involved, we offer you a challenge that matches your ambitions.
We look forward to reading your resume, which you are invited to send in complete confidentiality to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
G Mining Services welcomes all submissions and is committed to evaluating them without discriminatory bias. We offer equal employment opportunities to all. The use of the masculine gender only serves to lighten the text.
Knowledge of a language other than French is required for this position since G Mining Services' clients are international and the incumbent will have to communicate with them on a regular basis.
For more information visit www.gmining.com