Civil Engineer – Earthworks
G Mining Services is a multidisciplinary company offering professional services in the mining industry, for underground and open pit mining projects, in precious, base, or industrial metals. G Mining is one of the most important consulting firms in mining engineering in Quebec, and among the major firms renowned for international projects.
G Mining Services is a family company that values its workforce by promoting professional and individual development with unique career opportunities, encouraging collaboration, and offering a variety of stimulating challenges, all within a warm, welcoming, safe, and inclusive work environment.
To pursue its development, G Mining is looking for a dynamic and motivated individual to fill the position of:
Civil Engineer – Earthworks
Summary of responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Chief, Earthworks and Surveying, the incumbent will be part of the team dedicated to the plan and design of platforms, access roads and all related services to Earthworks. More specifically, the Civil Engineer will be called upon to:
- Perform earthwork design.
- Model earthworks using CAD / Civil 3D software.
- Help to prepare drawings, design specifications and reports.
- Participate in preparing estimates, bills of quantities, schedules, and budgets.
- Set up production monitoring tools.
- Annotate plans issued for construction and update them for production of final plans (TQC).
- Prepare cost effectiveness/feasibility studies, design, operation and performance of mechanisms, components, and systems.
- Ensure plans meet guidelines, building code requirements and other national and international standards and regulations.
- Prepare and ensure adherence to construction schedules and develop corrective measures and plans if necessary.
- Prepare contract documents and reviews and evaluate bids for construction projects.
- Validate and submit budget estimates.
- Support the preparation of contracts and negotiate revisions, changes, and additions to contractual agreements.
The ideal candidate must:
- Bachelors’ degree in Civil Engineering.
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience.
- Member in good standing of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec (O.I.Q.).
- Knowledge in Sap2000 or ADA (Advance Design America) software.
- Good knowledge of Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Be able to communicate in French and/or English.
- Experience in the mining sector and working internationally, important assets.
- Good analytical, synthesis, problem solving, and communication skills.
- Good sense of organization.
- Great adaptability.
- The position will be based at the G Mining Services office in Brossard
- Possibility of working in hybrid mode (office and remote work)
- Possibility of travelling abroad and in Canada depending on the availability of the candidate
Benefits of being part of our team
G Mining cares strongly about the well-being of its employees so that they can thrive in all areas of their lives. The company's family values are reflected across the range of benefits provided to our team members. By joining our team, you will get to enjoy the following benefits:
- Bonus based on the employee's and the company's performance because we are committed to rewarding employee contributions.
- Family group insurance paid by G Mining (drugs, dental, paramedical, vision and travel) as it is important to take care of yourself.
- Deferred Profit Sharing Plan (DPSP) in which we make contributions so you can enjoy the retirement you deserve.
- Social activities to provide employees opportunities to have fun and connect with each other.
- Reimbursement program for sports-related expenses to keep you motivated to adopt healthy lifestyle habits.
- Training program because we value the professional development of our employees.
- Telemedicine service for easier access to a healthcare professional.
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP) when you need support.
- Opportunity to work remotely to avoid commuting time, and free parking when working in the office.
If you feel ready and willing to be part of a team of experienced professionals, involved in various areas of the mining industry and driven by the desire to succeed in the projects in which they are involved, we offer you a challenge that matches your ambitions.
We look forward to reading your resume, which you are invited to send in complete confidentiality.
G Mining Services welcomes all submissions and is committed to evaluating them without discriminatory bias. We offer equal employment opportunities to all. The use of the masculine gender only serves to lighten the text.
Knowledge of a language other than French is required for this position since G Mining Services' clients are international and the incumbent will have to communicate with them on a regular basis.
For more information visit www.gmining.com