Project Control Manager
In order to pursue its development, G Mining is looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of:
Project Control Manager
Summary of responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the President, the incumbent will be part of the team dedicated to managing the planning, construction and development of mining projects. More specifically, the incumbent will be called upon to:
• Guide and direct resolution of project difficulties and complex project control issues.
• Analyse and review all project controls information and ensure accuracy as well as identify issues, concerns and potential mitigations.
• Interact with the Project Management team and participate in regular project meetings. Gather information and prepare reports and presentations of information as needed on the project.
• Identify and communicate design, scope and schedule changes and potential impacts and participate in the identification of mitigations. Ensure trends of cost and schedule are identified, manage change management process and communicate and suggest corrective actions.
• Coordinate with cross functional team in project setting, ensure project controls team members are interfacing with engineering, procurement, contracts and construction on concepts and relationships to the scope of work and ensure adherence to safety and quality standards.
• Manage project baseline process for cost, schedule and progress and ensure all project systems are implemented according to process and company standards and procedures.
• Ensure full implementation of company processes and procedures as well as industry best practices with regards to project controls on the project following the company project stage gate process. • Ensure the accuracy of reported progress percentage based on the rules of credit established within the project. Develop progress measurement process for required scopes of work.
• Establish and manage project schedule development, review and update processes and to ensure accuracy and alignment with the overall master schedule.
• Manage and ensure all project required reporting is pared and submitted as per approved reporting schedule for the project.
• Mentor and lead project controls team members, ensure project is staffed appropriately, conduct regular staff performance reviews and manage any staffing issues that may arise.
The successful candidate must have a Bachelors’ degree in Engineering or equivalent experience and a minimum of 15 years of relevant experience. To be a member of the Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec (O.I.Q.) is an asset. The candidate must be able to communicate in, English as well as Spanish, both orally and in writing as many of our projects are in Latin America. Significant experience in mining construction and international experience are important assets.
The candidate must have good analytical, synthesis, problem-solving and communication skills and be able to work well in a team environment. The person must also have good organizational skills, be autonomous, be able to work under pressure and demonstrate a great adaptability.