Senior Electrical Engineer
G Mining Services is a multidisciplinary company offering professional services in the mining industry, for underground and open pit mining projects, in precious, base, or industrial metals. G Mining is one of the most important consulting firms in mining engineering in Quebec, and among the major firms renowned for international projects.
G Mining Services is a family company that values its workforce by promoting professional and individual development with unique career opportunities, encouraging collaboration, and offering a variety of stimulating challenges, all within a warm, welcoming, safe, and inclusive work environment.
To pursue its development, G Mining is looking for a dynamic and motivated individual to fill the position of:
Senior Electrical Engineer
Summary of responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Chief of the Electrical Engineering Department, the incumbent will be part of the team dedicated to the design and development of mining projects. More specifically, the Senior Electrical Engineer will be called upon to:
- Coordinate a team of electrical and instrumentation engineers and designers for one or more projects depending on their scope.
- Follow up on the projects and plan resources for the following months.
- Act as a liaison with clients to identify and define requirements and scope of work.
- Validate and submit budget estimates.
- Coordinate the execution of electrical work at the construction sites and ensure the application of the quality plan.
- Coordinate cost and time estimates, reports, and design specifications.
- Participate in schedule development, ensure compliance with contractual schedules, and develop corrective actions and plans as necessary.
- Prepare detailed engineering documentation for high, medium, and low voltage networks such as design notes, reports, one-line diagrams, equipment specifications and control diagrams.
- Prepare cost estimates and project schedules.
- Monitor and verify the installation, modification, testing and operation of electrical systems and equipment.
- Manage supply contracts for electrical equipment.
- Develop maintenance and operating specifications for electrical systems and equipment.
The ideal candidate must have:
- Have a bachelor's degree in electrical engineering.
- Have a minimum ten (10) years of relevant experience.
- Be a member in good standing of the Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec (OIQ).
- Be able to communicate in French and/or English, both speaking and writing.
- Have a good knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) and Autocad.
- Experience in the open-pit and underground mining sector as well as international experience are important assets.
- Knowledge of electrical studies such as short circuits, coordination and protection and electrical arcs are important assets.
- Good analytical, synthesis, problem solving, and communication skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Attention to detail.
- The position will be based at the G Mining Services office in Brossard.
- Possibility of working in hybrid mode (office and remote work).
- Possibility of travelling abroad and in Canada depending on the availability of the candidate.
If you feel ready and willing to be part of a team of experienced professionals, involved in various areas of the mining industry and driven by the desire to succeed in the projects in which they are involved, we offer you a challenge that matches your ambitions.
We look forward to reading your resume, which you are invited to send in complete confidentiality to the following e-mail address: email@example.com
G Mining Services welcomes all submissions and is committed to evaluating them without discriminatory bias. We offer equal employment opportunities to all. The use of the masculine gender only serves to lighten the text.
Knowledge of a language other than French is required for this position since G Mining Services' clients are international and the incumbent will have to communicate with them on a regular basis.
For more information visit www.gmining.com