Senior Mechanical Engineer
G Mining Services is a multidisciplinary company offering professional services in the mining industry, for underground and open pit mining projects, in precious, base, or industrial metals. G Mining is one of the most important consulting firms in mining engineering in Quebec, and among the major firms renowned for international projects.
G Mining Services is a family company that values its workforce by promoting professional and individual development with unique career opportunities, encouraging collaboration, and offering a variety of stimulating challenges, all within a warm, welcoming, safe, and inclusive work environment.
To pursue its development, G Mining is looking for a dynamic and motivated individual to fill the position of:
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Summary of responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Mechanical Engineering Chief, the incumbent will be part of the team dedicated to construction management and project development. More specifically, the Senior Mechanical Engineer will be called upon to:
- Prepare engineering files, models, drawings, sketches, plans and specifications for the mechanical department.
- Prepare cost and time estimates, design reports and specifications for machinery, equipment, and systems.
- Prepare cost effectiveness/feasibility studies.
- Plan and prepare schedules and milestones and monitor progress against these.
- Monitor the project and plan resources for the following months.
- Act as a liaison with clients to identify and define requirements and scope of work.
- Participate in the development of the schedule and ensure adherence to contractual schedules and develop corrective actions and plans as necessary.
- Validate and submit budget estimates.
- Support, prepare contracts and negotiate revisions, changes, and additions to contractual agreements.
- Have a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Have a minimum of eight (8) years of relevant experience.
- Be a member in good standing of the Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec (O.I.Q.).
- Be able to communicate in French and/or English.
- Have a good knowledge of Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Experience in the mining sector is an asset.
- Good analytical, synthesis, problem-solving and communication skills
- Good sense of organization and be autonomous
- Great adaptability.
- The position will be based at the G Mining Services office in Brossard.
- Possibility of working in hybrid mode (office and remote work).
- Possibility of travelling abroad and in Canada depending on the availability of the candidate.
If you feel ready and willing to be part of a team of experienced professionals, involved in various areas of the mining industry and driven by the desire to succeed in the projects in which they are involved, we offer you a challenge that matches your ambitions.
We look forward to reading your resume, which you are invited to send in complete confidentiality to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
G Mining Services welcomes all submissions and is committed to evaluating them without discriminatory bias. We offer equal employment opportunities to all. The use of the masculine gender only serves to lighten the text.
Knowledge of a language other than French is required for this position since G Mining Services' clients are international and the incumbent will have to communicate with them on a regular basis.
For more information visit www.gmining.com