Senior Mining Engineer, Underground Mine
G Mining Services is a multidisciplinary company offering professional services in the mining industry, for underground and open pit mining projects, in precious, base, or industrial metals. G Mining is one of the most important consulting firms in mining engineering in Quebec, and among the major firms renowned for international projects.
G Mining Services is a family company that values its workforce by promoting professional and individual development with unique career opportunities, encouraging collaboration, and offering a variety of stimulating challenges, all within a warm, welcoming, safe, and inclusive work environment.
To pursue its development, G Mining is looking for a dynamic and motivated individual to fill the position of:
Senior Mining Engineer, Underground Mine
Summary of responsibilities
Reporting to the Vice-President, Mining Engineering, the incumbent will be involved in all phases of assessment and development of local and international underground mining projects. More specifically, the Senior Mining Engineer will be called upon to:
- Contribute to the collection and compilation of data, in order to bring various projects to construction and production.
- Contribute to the drafting of economic studies and technical reports and the preparation of initial studies, pre‑feasibility and feasibility studies.
- Participate in the equipment selection process for the various projects under consideration.
- Assist in the establishment of operating and economic evaluation budgets.
- Design mine drawings such as lateral development, infrastructure, work sites and various mine excavations.
- Elaborate mine plans with Deswik software.
- Optimize the work sites and the operations sequence of the various mining projects.
- Present reports, publications, and presentations in a professional manner.
- Contribute to the overall planning of mining projects.
- Contribute to various problem-solving sessions to ensure project success.
- Ensure that tasks are completed on time and within budget.
- Collaborate with the multidisciplinary team of engineers, designers, and support staff in order to offer quality work to clients.
- Provide technical guidance and advice to other members of the department and the Company.
- Act as a Qualified Person (QP) in the writing of 43-101 reports.
- Have a Bachelors’ degree in Mining Engineering.
- Be an active member or able to be an active member of the Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec (OIQ).
- Have a minimum of 7 years of experience in engineering.
- Have a very good knowledge of specialized software such as Autocad, Deswik, as well as a good knowledge of the Office Suite (Word, Excel, etc.).
- Be able to communicate in French and/or English.
- Good analytical, synthesis, problem-solving and communication skills
- Work well in a team environment
- Good organizational skills
- Great adaptability
Benefits of being part of our team
G Mining cares strongly about the well-being of its employees so that they can thrive in all areas of their lives. The company's family values are reflected across the range of benefits provided to our team members. By joining our team, you will get to enjoy the following benefits:
- Bonus based on the employee's and the company's performance because we are committed to rewarding employee contributions.
- Family group insurance paid by G Mining (drugs, dental, paramedical, vision and travel) as it is important to take care of yourself.
- Deferred Profit Sharing Plan (DPSP) in which we make contributions so you can enjoy the retirement you deserve.
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP) when you need support.
- Reimbursement program for sports-related expenses to keep you motivated to adopt healthy lifestyle habits.
- Training program because we value the professional development of our employees.
- Social activities to provide employees opportunities to have fun and connect with each other.
- Opportunity to work remotely to avoid commuting time, and free parking when working in the office.
If you feel ready and willing to be part of a team of experienced professionals, involved in various areas of the mining industry and driven by the desire to succeed in the projects in which they are involved, we offer you a challenge that matches your ambitions.
We look forward to reading your resume, which you are invited to send in complete confidentiality to the following e-mail address: email@example.com
G Mining Services welcomes all submissions and is committed to evaluating them without discriminatory bias. We offer equal employment opportunities to all. The use of the masculine gender only serves to lighten the text.
Knowledge of a language other than French is required for this position since G Mining Services' clients are international and the incumbent will have to communicate with them on a regular basis.