G Mining Services is a multidisciplinary company which provides professional services in the mining industry for underground and open pit mining projects in precious, base, or industrial metals. G Mining Services is one of the most important mining engineering consulting firms in Quebec and among the leading firms renowned for their international projects.
G Mining Services values its workforce by fostering professional and individual development through unique career opportunities, encouraging collaboration and offering a variety of stimulating challenges, all within a warm, welcoming, safe, and inclusive work environment.
To pursue its development, G Mining Services is looking for a dynamic and motivated individual to fill the position of:
Senior Process Plant Designer
Summary of responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Manager of the Mechanical and Piping Engineering departement, the incumbent will be part of the team dedicated to managing the construction and development of mining projects. More specifically, he will be called upon to :
- Prepare process plant layouts at the conceptual and detailed engineering level from a 3D model.
- Prepare general layout and equipment location drawings in 2D according to project-specific mechanical design and plant layout criteria.
- Comment on supplier drawings to ensure accuracy of references and coordinates.
- Prepare engineering files as well as models, drawings, sketches and plans for the mechanical department, including platework.
- Provide support during the review of the 3D model to resolve interferences and design problems.
- Integration of comments into the 3D model and resolution of problems between disciplines in relation to the model.
- Coordinate and support the resources assigned to draw in the 3D model (equipment, piping, concrete, structure).
- Develop isometrics from the 3D model.
- DEC or BAC in mechanical engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum of ten (10) years' relevant experience in plant design, preferably in the mining industry.
- Proficiency in specialized 3D modeling softwares, Plant 3D and Autocad are important assets.
- Be able to communicate in French and/or English.
- Strong analytical, synthesis and problem-solving skills.
- Good communication skills and ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- Excellent organizational skills and thoroughness.
- Ability to work in a constantly evolving environment.
- Autonomy and initiative.
- Curiosity and interest in continuing education.
- The position will be based at the G Mining Services office in Brossard and/or remotely.
- Possibility of working in hybrid mode (office and remote work).
- Possibility of traveling abroad and in Canada depending on the availability of the candidate.
Benefits of being part of our team
G Mining cares strongly about the well-being of its employees so that they can thrive in all areas of their lives. The company's family values are reflected across the range of benefits provided to our team members. By joining our team, you will get to enjoy the following benefits:
- Bonus based on the employee's and the company's performance because we are committed to rewarding employee contributions.
- Family group insurance paid by G Mining (drugs, dental, paramedical, vision and travel) as it is important to take care of yourself.
- Deferred Profit-Sharing Plan (DPSP) in which we make contributions so you can enjoy the retirement you deserve.
- Social activities to provide employees opportunities to have fun and connect with each other.
- Reimbursement program for sports-related expenses to keep you motivated to adopt healthy lifestyle habits.
- Training program because we value the professional development of our employees.
- Telemedicine service for easier access to a healthcare professional.
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP) when you need support.
- Opportunity to work remotely to avoid commuting time, and free parking when working in the office.
If you feel ready and willing to be part of a team of experienced professionals, involved in various areas of the mining industry and driven by the desire to succeed in the projects in which they are involved, we offer you a challenge that matches your ambitions.
We look forward to reading your resume, which you are invited to send in complete confidentiality.
G Mining Services welcomes all submissions and is committed to evaluating them without discriminatory bias. We offer equal employment opportunities to all. The use of the masculine gender only serves to lighten the text.
Knowledge of a language other than French is required for this position since G Mining Services' clients are international and the incumbent will have to communicate with them on a regular basis.