G Mining Services is a multidisciplinary company which provides professional services in the mining industry for underground and open pit mining projects in precious, base, or industrial metals. G Mining Services is one of the most important mining engineering consulting firms in Quebec and among the leading firms renowned for their international projects.
G Mining Services values its workforce by fostering professional and individual development through unique career opportunities, encouraging collaboration and offering a variety of stimulating challenges, all within a warm, welcoming, safe, and inclusive work environment.
To pursue its development, G Mining Services is looking for a dynamic and motivated individual to fill the position of:
Senior CSA (Civil, Structure, Architecture) Engineer
Summary of responsibilities
Under the supervision of the CSA (Civil, Structure & Architectural) Director, the incumbent will be part of the team dedicated to the engineering for light and heavy industrial buildings. More specifically, he will be called upon to:
- Support junior resources in carrying out the various phases of studies, and basic and detailed engineering.
- Prepare and review design calculations of structural systems.
- Design concrete buildings and foundation.
- Follow up with steel fabricator and review shop drawings.
- Help prepare drawings, design specifications and reports.
- Participate in preparing estimates, bills of quantities, schedules, and budgets.
- Ensure plans meet guidelines, building code requirements and other national and international standards and regulations.
- Prepare and ensure adherence to construction schedules.
- Prepare contract documents and reviews and evaluate bids for construction projects.
- Prepare cost and time estimates, design reports and specifications for his or her area.
- Participate in the development of the schedule, ensure compliance with contractual schedules, and develop corrective measures and plans if necessary.
- Validate and submit budget estimates.
- Support the preparation of contracts and negotiate revisions, changes, and additions to contractual agreements.
- Plan and create detailed structural engineering drawings in both 2D and 3D design, taking designs from concept to final product while working collaboratively with engineers.
- Maintain accurate design files for reference.
- Check 2D drawings and 3D models for clashes and constructability with other disciplines.
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering with specialization in structural design.
- Minimum of seven (7) years' relevant experience in concrete and steel work in heavy industry.
- Experience in the mining sector and international work are important assets.
- Member in good standing of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec (O.I.Q.).
- Knowledge of Sap2000 or ADA (Advance Design America) software.
- Ability to communicate in French and/or English; Spanish is an asset.
- Proficiency with Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, Powerpoint).
- Good analytical, synthesis, problem-solving and communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team in a multicultural environment.
- Good organizational skills.
- Autonomy and initiative.
- Excellent adaptability.
- The position will be based at the G Mining Services office in Brossard and/or remotely.
- Flexible work schedule in hybrid mode.
- Possibility of travelling abroad and in Canada depending on the availability of the candidate.
Benefits of being part of our team
G Mining cares strongly about the well-being of its employees so that they can thrive in all areas of their lives. The company's family values are reflected across the range of benefits provided to our team members. By joining our team, you will get to enjoy the following benefits:
- Bonus based on the employee's and the company's performance because we are committed to rewarding employee contributions.
- Family group insurance paid by G Mining (drugs, dental, paramedical, vision and travel) as it is important to take care of yourself.
- Deferred Profit Sharing Plan (DPSP) in which we make contributions so you can enjoy the retirement you deserve.
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP) when you need support.
- Reimbursement program for sports-related expenses to keep you motivated to adopt healthy lifestyle habits.
- Training program because we value the professional development of our employees.
- Social activities to provide employees opportunities to have fun and connect with each other.
- Opportunity to work remotely to avoid commuting time, and free parking when working in the office.
If you feel ready and willing to be part of a team of experienced professionals, involved in various areas of the mining industry and driven by the desire to succeed in the projects in which they are involved, we offer you a challenge that matches your ambitions.
We look forward to reading your resume, which you are invited to send in complete confidentiality.
G Mining Services welcomes all submissions and is committed to evaluating them without discriminatory bias. We offer equal employment opportunities to all. The use of the masculine gender only serves to lighten the text.
Knowledge of a language other than French is required for this position since G Mining Services' clients are international and the incumbent will have to communicate with them on a regular basis.