To pursue its development, G Mining is looking for a dynamic and motivated individual to fill the position of:
Summary of responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Vice President, Project Management, the incumbent will be part of the team dedicated to the planning, construction, and development of mining projects. More specifically, the Project Control Lead will be called upon to:
- Guide and direct resolution of project difficulties and complex project control issues.
- Analyze and review all project controls information and ensure accuracy as well as identify issues, concerns, and potential mitigations.
- Interact with the Project Management team and participate in regular project meetings.
- Gather information and prepare reports and presentations of information as needed on the project.
- Identify and communicate design, scope and schedule changes and potential impacts, and participate in the identification of mitigations.
- Ensure trends of cost and schedule are identified, manage change management process, and communicate and suggest corrective actions.
- Coordinate with cross-functional team in project setting, ensure project control team members are interfacing with engineering, procurement, contracts and construction on concepts and relationships to the scope of work and ensure adherence to safety and quality standards.
- Manage project baseline process for cost, schedule and progress and ensure all project systems are implemented according to process and company standards and procedures.
- Ensure full implementation of company processes and procedures as well as industry best practices with regards to project controls on the project following the company project stage gate process.
- Ensure the accuracy of reported progress percentage based on the rules of credit established within the project.
- Have a bachelor’s degree in engineering, business management, project management or equivalent.
- Have a minimum of ten (10+) years of relevant experience.
- Being member of the Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec (O.I.Q.) is an asset.
- Experience in mining construction as well as international experience are important assets.
- Be able to communicate in French and/or English.
- Knowledge of Spanish is an asset.
- Good analytical, synthesis, problem solving, and communication skills.
- Able to work well in a team environment.
- Good organizational skills.
- Demonstrate a great adaptability.
- The position will be based at the G Mining Services office in Brossard.
- Possibility of working in hybrid mode (office and remote work).
- Possibility of travelling abroad and in Canada depending on the availability of the candidate.
Benefits of being part of our team
G Mining cares strongly about the well-being of its employees so that they can thrive in all areas of their lives. The company's family values are reflected across the range of benefits provided to our team members. By joining our team, you will get to enjoy the following benefits:
- Bonus based on the employee's and the company's performance because we are committed to rewarding employee contributions.
- Family group insurance paid by G Mining (drugs, dental, paramedical, vision and travel) as it is important to take care of yourself.
- Deferred Profit Sharing Plan (DPSP) in which we make contributions so you can enjoy the retirement you deserve.
- Social activities to provide employees opportunities to have fun and connect with each other.
- Reimbursement program for sports-related expenses to keep you motivated to adopt healthy lifestyle habits.
- Training program because we value the professional development of our employees.
- Telemedicine service for easier access to a healthcare professional.
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP) when you need support.
- Opportunity to work remotely to avoid commuting time, and free parking when working in the office.
If you feel ready and willing to be part of a team of experienced professionals, involved in various areas of the mining industry and driven by the desire to succeed in the projects in which they are involved, we offer you a challenge that matches your ambitions.
We look forward to reading your resume, which you are invited to send in complete confidentiality to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
G Mining Services welcomes all submissions and is committed to evaluating them without discriminatory bias. We offer equal employment opportunities to all. The use of the masculine gender only serves to lighten the text.
Knowledge of a language other than French is required for this position since G Mining Services' clients are international and the incumbent will have to communicate with them on a regular basis.