2 positions available: 1 for the Galaxy Lithium Project (James Bay) & 1 for the McIlvenna Bay Project (Saskatchewan)
To pursue its development, G Mining is looking for a dynamic and motivated individual to fill the position of:
Summary of responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Vice President, Project Management, the incumbents will be involved in the planning project activities of the assigned construction project. More specifically, the Planners will be called upon to:
- Interact with various project team members to design, develop, and maintain the project schedule as per company requirements, processes, and procedures.
- Assess the impact(s) of design or construction changes, associated cost variation and/or schedule slippages.
- Implement all applicable changes by following the Change Management Process.
- Conduct regular quality checks and project schedules signoffs.
- Participate in all progress and schedule review meetings with contractors, lead disciplines and lead schedule related discussions.
- Participate in the assessment of project schedule progress and performance and identify emerging problem areas and trends that may be of concern to the project success.
- Analyze critical path and constraints to determine the effect of schedule changes and recommend mitigations and potential workarounds to the Chief planner for action.
- Support Project Controls and Project Management team to maintain effective and timely change management processes, procedures, and systems.
- Prepare established periodic status reports to keep management informed on project progress, potential issues and mitigations being analyzed.
- Maintain accurate records and documentation.
- Ensure safety and quality standards are met.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Have a bachelor’s degree in engineering or another relevant diploma.
- Have a minimum of five (5+) years of relevant experience including in mining projects industry.
- Have excellent skills in Primavera P6.
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Have strong interpersonal skills in order to work effectively with peers, management, subcontractors / suppliers, and client.
- Be able to communicate in French and/or English.
- Good analytical, synthesis, problem solving, and communication skills.
- Excel skills.
- Able to work well in a team environment.
- Good organizational skills.
- Demonstrate a great adaptability.
- Knowledge of estimation software is an asset.
- First part of the contract: the positions will be based at the G Mining Services office in Brossard and/or remotely.
- Second part of the contract: the positions will be based on site of the assigned project with a Fly-in Fly-out 14-14 rotation schedule, 10 hours/day (transport, accommodations, and meals provided).
- Competitive benefits and group insurance (family, medical, dental, vision and travel coverage).
Galaxy Lithium Project
The work will be accomplished in northern Quebec, approximately 130 km east of James Bay, at one of the most attractive investment sites for lithium production, the Galaxy Lithium Canada James Bay Project. The James Bay Project is a sustainable, high value hard rock lithium mining project using renewable hydropower.
- Contract: October 2023 to September 2024, possibility of extension or continuing with G Mining on future projects
McIlvenna Bay Project
The work will be based at the McIlvenna Bay Project, located in east-central Saskatchewan, Canada, which is one of the world’s premier mining jurisdictions. Hosting significant and scalable mineral reserves, the McIlvenna Bay Project is destined to be the world's first carbon-neutral copper mine.
- Two-year contract: end of project estimated in November 2025, possibility of extension or continuing with G Mining on future projects.
If you feel ready and willing to be part of a team of experienced professionals, involved in various areas of the mining industry and driven by the desire to succeed in the projects in which they are involved, we offer you a challenge that matches your ambitions.
We look forward to reading your resume, which you are invited to send in complete confidentiality to the following e-mail address: email@example.com
G Mining Services welcomes all submissions and is committed to evaluating them without discriminatory bias. We offer equal employment opportunities to all. The use of the masculine gender only serves to lighten the text.
Knowledge of a language other than French is required for this position since G Mining Services' clients are international and the incumbent will have to communicate with them on a regular basis.