G Mining Services is a multidisciplinary company which provides professional services in the mining industry for underground and open pit mining projects in precious, base, or industrial metals. G Mining Services is one of the most important mining engineering consulting firms in Quebec and among the leading firms renowned for their international projects.
G Mining Services values its workforce by fostering professional and individual development through unique career opportunities, encouraging collaboration and offering a variety of stimulating challenges, all within a warm, welcoming, safe, and inclusive work environment.
To pursue its development, G Mining Services is looking for a dynamic and motivated individual to fill the position of:
Electrical and Instrumentation Drafter
Summary of responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Chief Drafter, the incumbent will be part of the drafting team, dedicated to the design and planning of mining construction projects. More specifically, he will be called upon to:
- Produce drawings of instrumentation, electrical and other disciplines if required.
- Ensure the conformity of the drawings to the norms and standards of the company.
- Ensure that the drawings are designed to facilitate the execution of the work and propose modifications, if necessary.
- Maintain all drawings up to date and ensure effective management of revisions and changes to technical descriptions.
- Ensure that plans and documents comply with the company’s archiving procedure.
- Perform any other tasks related to the position.
- Certification in building or industrial drafting or a combination of training and experience.
- Minimum of two (2) years of relevant experience.
- Experience in the construction of mining projects or heavy industrial is an asset.
- Good knowledge of Autocad and Revit, Plant 3D is an asset.
- Proficient with the Office Suite.
- Be able to communicate in French and/or English, Spanish and Portuguese are assets.
- Strong analytical, synthesis and problem-solving skills.
- Good communication skills and ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Adaptability and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Autonomy and initiative.
- Curiosity and interest in professional development.
- The position will be based at the G Mining Services office in Brossard and/or remotely.
- Possibility of working in hybrid mode (office and remote work).
- Possibility of travelling abroad and in Canada depending on the availability of the candidate.
Benefits of being part of our team
G Mining cares strongly about the well-being of its employees so that they can thrive in all areas of their lives. The company's family values are reflected across the range of benefits provided to our team members. By joining our team, you will get to enjoy the following benefits:
- Bonus based on the employee's and the company's performance because we are committed to rewarding employee contributions.
- Family group insurance paid by G Mining (drugs, dental, paramedical, vision and travel) as it is important to take care of yourself.
- Deferred Profit Sharing Plan (DPSP) in which we make contributions so you can enjoy the retirement you deserve.
- Social activities to provide employees opportunities to have fun and connect with each other.
- Reimbursement program for sports-related expenses to keep you motivated to adopt healthy lifestyle habits.
- Training program because we value the professional development of our employees.
- Telemedicine service for easier access to a healthcare professional.
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP) when you need support.
- Opportunity to work remotely to avoid commuting time, and free parking when working in the office.
If you feel ready and willing to be part of a team of experienced professionals, involved in various areas of the mining industry and driven by the desire to succeed in the projects in which they are involved, we offer you a challenge that matches your ambitions.
We look forward to reading your resume, which you are invited to send in complete confidentiality.
G Mining Services welcomes all submissions and is committed to evaluating them without discriminatory bias. We offer equal employment opportunities to all. The use of the masculine gender only serves to lighten the text.
Knowledge of a language other than French is required for this position since G Mining Services' clients are international and the incumbent will have to communicate with them on a regular basis.